The purpose of the zone rates shipping module is the possibility of calculating the shipping cost based on the zone destinations on the one hand. On the other hand this module also makes it possible to calculate the shipping cost based on the product weight in an order.
This module allows you to restrict it to certain customers’ groups, countries, and website pages (for example, checkout and backend) as well as specify the shipping module names both in the backend and on the front end according to the required language and enable tracking.
It is also possible to:
- specify the thresholds based on the product weight in an order (for example, up to 25 the shipping charge is 8.50, from 25.01 to 50 it is 5.50),
- specify the countries with two character ISO country codes for a zone,
- use the certain tax class on the shipping fee (for example, EU - 20% or none),
- assign this shipping method to the certain shipping zone (for example, All World or EU),
- set up the preferred delivery date rules,
- specify the sort order of display.
This module is used in the backend and on the front end and its settings can be found under Modules and Shipping tabs.
Widgets and pages:
Shipping method widget is added to the checkout page.