Managing FedEx Shipping
This user guide provides comprehensive instructions on how to integrate your website with FedEx shipping services and efficiently manage its various features. By following these steps, you can customize the FedEx Shipping module according to your specific needs and ensure a seamless shipping experience for your customers.
Step 1: Accessing the Admin Area
To begin the FedEx shipping integration process:
- Open your preferred web browser and enter the URL of your website's admin area.
- Log in using your admin credentials to access the backend of your website.
Step 2: Navigating to the App Shop and Store Tabs
Once inside the admin area, follow these steps:
- Locate and click on the "App Shop" tab in the main menu of the admin panel.
- From the available options, select the "Store" tab, which will take you to the store's app marketplace.
Step 3: Finding and Installing the FedEx Shipping Module
In the app marketplace, you can quickly find and install the FedEx Shipping module for your website.
- Use the search functionality within the marketplace to find the "FedEx Shipping module version 1.0.0."
- Click on the "Install" button next to the FedEx Shipping module to begin the installation process.
- Follow any on-screen prompts or instructions to complete the installation process.
Step 4: Customizing FedEx Shipping Settings and Restrictions
Once the FedEx Shipping module is successfully installed, proceed with customizing its settings to suit your requirements.
- Go to the "Modules," "Shipping," and "Online" tabs in the admin area.
- Look for the "FedEx Settings and Restrictions" page to access customization options.
Step 5: Configuring FedEx Shipping Options
On the "FedEx Settings and Restrictions" page, you can customize various FedEx shipping options to fit your needs.
- Enable collect shipping if applicable to your business model.
- Choose between test and production web service modes, depending on your integration status.
- Enter the necessary credentials: FedEx web services key, FedEx web services password, FedEx account number, and FedEx meter number.
- Select English or metric weight measurements as per your preference.
Step 6: Managing Restrictions
- Use the "Restrictions" section to set restrictions based on customer groups, countries, or specific website pages.
- Check the box next to the relevant option to enable tracking for shipments.
Step 7: Specifying FedEx Shipping Details
- Enter a FedEx shipping name in the "Configuration Title" field to be used in both backend and frontend.
Step 8: Address and Contact Details
- Fill in the appropriate fields with the required address and contact information.
Step 9: Estimating Arrival Date
- Enter a shipping delay value in the corresponding field to calculate the estimated arrival date.
Step 10: Currency Exchange Rates
- Enter the currency exchange rates for international shipments in the corresponding field.
Step 11: Selecting Drop-off Type For Shipments
- Click on the appropriate option for the drop-off type.
Step 12: Enabling FedEx Shipping Services
- Enable FedEx Domestic Next Business Day, Express International Priority, and Express International Economy services as needed.
Step 13: Handling Fees and Rate Options
- Add domestic and international handling fees as either a value or a percentage.
- Choose between list rates and account rates as per your preference.
Step 14: Selecting Packaging Type and Signature Option
- Click on the corresponding option for the preferred packaging type.
- Specify whether a signature is required based on the order subtotal amount or disable it.
- Select the signature option type from the available choices (ADULT, DIRECT, INDIRECT, NO_SIGNATURE_REQUIRED, and SERVICE_DEFAULT).
Step 15: Insurance, Tax Classes, and Zone Assignment
- Enter the required insurance amounts.
- Apply shipping tax classes such as EU - 20% or none as per the tax regulations in your region.
- Assign FedEx shipping to All World, USA, or EU zones based on your shipping preferences.
Step 16: Delivery Date Rules and Ownership
- Choose between “Use default” and “Use ownership” options to enable preferred delivery date rules.
- Check the box next to the preferred day(s) of the week to disable required days.
Step 17: Sorting Order of Shipping Display
- Enter a value in the corresponding field to sort the shipping display order.
Congratulations! You have now successfully integrated FedEx shipping services with your website and customized its settings to meet your specific needs. Your online store is now ready to offer accurate shipping rates, reliable delivery options, and a seamless shipping experience to your customers.
For any additional assistance or support, please refer to the documentation provided with the FedEx Shipping module.