Managing UPS Shipping
This user guide will walk you through the process of integrating your website with United Parcel Service (UPS) and managing its services through the admin area.
Follow the steps below to get started:
Step 1: Installation
- Access the admin area of your website.
- Navigate to the "App Shop" and "Store" tabs.
- Use the search function to find the UPS Shipping module (UPS) version 1.0.0.
- Install the UPS Shipping module on your website.
- Follow any on-screen prompts or instructions to complete the installation process.
Step 2: Accessing Module Settings
- After installation, go to the "Modules," "Shipping," and "Online" tabs in the admin area.
- Locate the "United Parcel Service Shipping" module and click on the “Edit” button to access its settings.
Step 3: Customizing Restrictions
- In the "Restrictions" section, tailor UPS Shipping to your specific needs.
- You can restrict UPS shipping to specific customer groups, countries, and website pages.
- Specify the shipping module name for both the backend and frontend in your desired language.
- Enable tracking to provide better shipment visibility to your customers.
Step 4: Configuring UPS Shipping Options
1. In the "Settings" section, configure the United Parcel Service Shipping options.
2. Enable UPS shipping for your website.
3. Select the UPS pickup method from the following options: CC - Customer Counter, RDP - Daily Pickup, OTP - One Time Pickup, LC - Letter Center, OCA - On Call Air.
4. Choose the UPS packaging option from the following choices: CP - Your Packaging, ULE - UPS Letter, UT - UPS Tube, UBE - UPS Express Box.
5. Specify the delivery type as residential or commercial.
6. Apply a UPS handling fee for this delivery method.
7. Use tax classes on the shipping fee by selecting from the available drop-down list.
8. Select the desired shipping zones (All World, USA, EU) to which you want to offer UPS shipping.
9. Manage delivery dates and ownership settings for better control over shipments. Choose between "Use default" and "Use ownership" options for preferred delivery date rules. Disable required days by checking the box next to the preferred day(s) of the week.
10. Set shipping priority. To control the order in which shipping options are displayed during checkout, enter a value in the corresponding field. Lower values will prioritize UPS Shipping over other shipping methods.
11. Choose which UPS services to offer from the available options (e.g., 1DM, 1DML, 1DA, 1DP, and more).
Congratulations! You have now successfully integrated UPS shipping services with your website and customized its settings to meet your specific needs.
For any additional assistance or support, please refer to the documentation provided with the UPS Shipping module.