• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Linkpoint error

Upon check out I am recieving this error and don't know how to fix. I thought I did but been trying for HOURS upon HOURS.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: curl_init() in /hsphere/local/home/dcompute/d-compute.com/catalog/includes/linkpoint/lpphp.php on line 166

It is the server problem. Your server must support PHP installed with curl WITH ssl support.

Do not get confused PHP installed with curl AND ssl, this will not solve your purpose. Better ask your host to do the same.

I just recently started having this issue with pop up after running for a couple of months. I contacted my hosting company and received the response:

"Curl is built without ssl on our web servers. Unfortunately we are unable to

install this addon for curl, since it is unstable and causing several

problems with server configuration. You may refer to subject software

developers (in this case as I see it is osCommerce addon) concerning another

possibilities to get content of SSL-secured URL, like openssl, links etc."

Evidently they removed Curl with SSL. Has anyone made the modifications they are talking about?

We had the same issues with our servers. We have now installed Curl with ssl support, and everything seems to be back and running fine. If they are unable to offer you a solution, we will more than happy host you. And we offer so very aggressive packages.

However if you want to continue with your current hosting you may want to think about switching for a payment gateway that doesn't use curl...ie Authorize.net.

• 2 weeks later...