• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Margin Report v2.10

blueline

It can be done.? I don't need this so I am not going to code that out, but its very doable.

:'( Ahh, thanks for the words of encouragement. How soon can it be done? Better yet - who has the power to do this? It seems like this should of been something that should of been mapped out during the design phase i.e. like a flow chart that would of said something like if you come to this roadblock (attribute) you must account for the drop down by looking inside the attributes section of the database to see the purchased price.

On the admin side, within the attributes window you should be able to input your purchase price at the same time you input your attribute. Actually it sounds really easy to do. The unfortunate part is that we have so many scripts on our store I would not attempt to try this on anything but a skeleton store. Due to time constraint - it's enough for us to keep up with our busy clientele of people on a daily basis.

I just wanted to put my insight into this as I think this is an amazing script that just needs a little fine tuning. Not only is the script a lifesaver - if, by adding this feature - many folks could actually dedicate more of their time to running their business instead of spending late hours figuring out how much I bought this for and how much I sold it for. As it is in its present state, site owners are left with a ball parkish idea of how much is profit verse how much goes back into the business.

Edited by NeedleJack

Well are you keeping stock on your attributes? The easiest method you could do, (if you keep stock), is to install master/slave products. Those work as attributes, sorta, but they operate as separate products in the big picture. Therefore, you wouldn't need any other coding as the report will show all master and slave products. If you use QTpro for your stock, then just look at there code on how they keep stock for each product, split the attributes up for each product and then assign the price. You would also need to setup a cost field when you input the attributes so it keeps the "cost". OR if you dont keep stock you would just have to query the product_attributes table for each product and check if they have atttributes assigned to them, and then display the attribute as a product. You would still need to assign a product "cos"t to the attribute. Then update your formulas, and walla.

Like I said, doable ;)

Well are you keeping stock on your attributes?  The easiest method you could do, (if you keep stock), is to install master/slave products.  Those work as attributes, sorta, but they operate as separate products in the big picture.  Therefore, you wouldn't need any other coding as the report will show all master and slave products.  If you use QTpro for your stock, then just look at there code on how they keep stock for each product, split the attributes up for each product and then assign the price.  You would also need to setup a cost field when you input the attributes so it keeps the "cost".  OR if you dont keep stock you would just have to query the product_attributes table for each product and check if they have atttributes assigned to them, and then display the attribute as a product.  You would still need to assign a product "cos"t to the attribute.  Then update your formulas, and walla.

Like I said, doable ;)

:) Perhaps doable for you. I'm not a oscommerce genius. I'm a thinker - and a bad programmer. I'll probably take you up on the master/slave thing. I'm just afraid with all the contribs we have no that I would mess something up. I'd rather just whine about it in hopes that someone else will fix this contrib to do just that. Thanks again for the ensight.

:) Perhaps doable for you.  I'm not a oscommerce genius.  I'm a thinker - and a bad programmer.  I'll probably take you up on the master/slave thing.  I'm just afraid with all the contribs we have no that I would mess something up.  I'd rather just whine about it in hopes that someone else will fix this contrib to do just that.  Thanks again for the ensight.

Hi I have the QTPro Contribution installed - which keeps stock of all attributes separately - its unbelievably important if you have as many products and product options as we do !

It'd be great to have this margin report for the attributes as well, as there are huge variances in the option costs - ie 1 product - pack of ten - pack of fifty etc !!

I guess it would have to be tied to the attributes id and a variable set to recognise whether that prod has attributes or not (as is with most other attribute sensitive cont's)

Anyone ???

We?ve recently installed Margin Report (great contribution) and have a couple of issues. Apologies if these have been covered elsewhere, but I?ve been through this (long) thread and can?t see them:-

1. The COST of a product does not seem to be transferred to the order, so if the cost changes, say due to a price rise, it affects all historic orders as well. Is that the case, or have we done something wrong?

2. We use the Order Amendment contribution a lot, but changes made with this contrib do not seen to be reflected in the numbers calculated by the Margin report. Has anyone else had this problem?

We have the same issue with accounting for attributes, but as we don?t use them in a big way, we could get around the problem manually using Order Amendment.

Any help appreciated

Charterhouse

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I have same problems with this contrib (margin report 2.56) both paypal IPN 3.0a.

The contrib work perfect with all kind of payment modules excluding Paypal.

For all orders made via paypal the "cost" of the products ordered will not be pass in the table:

Example

Order ID Items Tot sells Cost Income

1647 1 35.90EUR 0.00EUR 35.90EUR  Paid via Paypal

1648 2 122.70EUR 0.00EUR 122.70EUR Paid via Paypal

1649 22 297.05EUR 114.60EUR 182.45EUR  Not Paid via Paypal

1650 2 20.99EUR 10.00EUR 10.99EUR Not Paid via Paypal

Can you help me?

Thank You ,Marco

Hello,

I installed Margin Report but I have a question. I only see the ID of the order in the report. I need something that shows:

Sales per month per product in a summary and detailed format.

It would also be nice to have a little template on the side that did some numbers for me such as

retail cost * 10%

retail cost * 40%

etc.

Is margin report supposed to do show the sales per product or sales per order id?

Thanks,

Rebecca

Hi all!

I have same problems with this contrib (margin report 2.56) both paypal IPN 3.0a.

For all orders made via paypal the "cost" of the products ordered will not be pass in the table:

Example

1647 1 35.90EUR 0.00EUR 35.90EUR Paid via Paypal

1649 22 297.05EUR 114.60EUR 182.45EUR Not Paid via Paypal

Can you help me?

Thank You ,Marco

We use Margin Report and Monthy Sales/Tax Report, but the gross sales don't agree on both reports. It looks like Margin Report ignores multipe product quantities, and just calculates the margin on a quantity of 1 item per product on an order.

Anyone else had that problem and know of a fix?

Thanks

Hi all!

Example

1647 1 35.90EUR 0.00EUR 35.90EUR Paid via Paypal

1649 22 297.05EUR 114.60EUR 182.45EUR Not Paid via Paypal

Can you help me?

Thank You ,Marco

Now I know why I have been going nuts, same issue, but I am only using PayPal IPN so I was not sure it was that , any ideas?

Hi all!

Example

1647 1 35.90EUR 0.00EUR 35.90EUR  Paid via Paypal

1649 22 297.05EUR 114.60EUR 182.45EUR  Not Paid via Paypal

Can you help me?

Thank You ,Marco

The way of life, and the way we work for you.

I did look, sorry I mised it. I did have it fixed soon after the post after looking at the paypal_ipn.php file again.

Thank you for pointing to it, I know that can be frustrating, but I do search and read what I can find first....

The way of life, and the way we work for you.

I did look, sorry I mised it. I did have it fixed soon after the post after looking at the paypal_ipn.php file again.

Thank you for pointing to it, I know that can be frustrating, but I do search and read what I can find first....

Sorry! :(

I just tried this mod without results!

1736 2 40.00EUR 0.00EUR 40.00EUR

paypal_ipn.php

$sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $insert_id,
                                  'products_id' =>tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']),
                                  'products_model' => $order->products[$i]['model'],
                                  'products_name' => $order->products[$i]['name'],
                                  'products_price' => $order->products[$i]['price'],
                                  'products_cost' => $order->products[$i]['cost'],
                                  'final_price' => $order->products[$i]['final_price'],
                                  'products_tax' => $order->products[$i]['tax'],
                                  'products_quantity' => $order->products[$i]['qty']);

I have the Paypal IPN 3.0a.

Can you help me?

I have a store where I dropship products from multiple warehouses with different costs. So I need to have fields for multiple prices and multiple vendor skus.

What is the best way about going about this?

Thanks,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

For uses "price-break-1.11.3" to modify in

catalog/includes/classes/ PriceFormatter.php

Find:

$sql="select pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_id," .
     " p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_weight," .
     " p.products_price1,p.products_price2,p.products_price3,p.products_price4, p.products_price5,p.products_price6,p.products_price7,p.products_price8," .
     " p.products_price1_qty,p.products_price2_qty,p.products_price3_qty,p.products_pri
ce4_qty, p.products_price5_qty,p.products_price6_qty,p.products_price7_qty,p.products_pri
ce8_qty," .
     " p.products_qty_blocks," .
     " p.products_tax_class_id," .
     " IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price," .
     " IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price" .
     " from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd," .
     "      " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id," .
     "      " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id" .
     " where p.products_status = '1'" .
     "   and p.products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'" .
     "   and pd.products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'" .
     "   and pd.language_id = '". (int)$language_id ."'";

Replace With:

$sql="select pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_id," .
     " p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_cost, p.products_weight," .
     " p.products_price1,p.products_price2,p.products_price3,p.products_price4, p.products_price5,p.products_price6,p.products_price7,p.products_price8," .
     " p.products_price1_qty,p.products_price2_qty,p.products_price3_qty,p.products_pri
ce4_qty, p.products_price5_qty,p.products_price6_qty,p.products_price7_qty,p.products_pri
ce8_qty," .
     " p.products_qty_blocks," .
     " p.products_tax_class_id," .
     " IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price," .
     " IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price" .
     " from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd," .
     "      " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id," .
     "      " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id" .
     " where p.products_status = '1'" .
     "   and p.products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'" .
     "   and pd.products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'" .
     "   and pd.language_id = '". (int)$language_id ."'";

IEUFLR2000

For uses "PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.0a" to modify in

catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/catalog/checkout_process.inc.php

Find:

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {
  $sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => (int)$this->orders_id,
                          'products_id' => tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']),

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS, $sql_data_array);

Replace With:

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {
  $sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => (int)$this->orders_id,
                          'products_id' => tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']),
                          'products_cost' => $order->products[$i]['cost'],

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS, $sql_data_array);

IEUFLR2000