• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Margin Report v2.10

blueline

Chris,

Weekly works great, but Semi-Annual is still not quite right. Now it shows sales for the next Semi-Anual period starting July.

Thanks again,

CatDad

Yup, got the same problem.

You have any idea how to fix the font and font size of the prices, costs (numbers) in the margin_report.php? Mine is all bigger in size and thus makes printing it appears weird and not that presentable.

Edited by chaicka

Chris, Chaicka,

I've looked at the two files for the font problem, but I don't see anything obviuos. But I'll keep looking and you know if I do find anything. On my system I only have the font issue on the initial page. All the other reports are fine. Is yours the same way?

Is it possible to get an export of each report as well as the whole catalog?

Chris, I ran the initial report this morning and sorted on margin. I found two items in my catalog selling for less than cost! I made a typo when I added the items and never caught it. Big Thanks to you for this contribution, I was able to find the problem before a customer found it.

Thanks again,

CatDad

Chris,

I've been busy with edits all day and didn't get to your last message.

I would love to have time based reports. But even without them, this contrib is one of the most useful tools I have, and I have a lot .

There are is something else that could be added in addition to the time based reports, downable exports. Something that would allow me to save the reports on my PC and not on the server.

Thanks again for an excelent contrib. Keep em comming.

CatDad

Edited by Johnson

Chris,

Hope your still here.

I thought of another handy addition to your Margin Module. Period selection. For example, with a current date of June 26, I would like to pull up a Margin report for May.

Thanks again,

CatDad

Hey. I just put the finishing touches on exporting the reports. It works great, and looks good too. :)

I will look into a date selection method and see how that develops. As I'm doing that (shouldn't take too long) any other ideas?

Thanks.

-Chris

Chris Sullivan

Ok. I've just released version 2.5.

I think you all will really like this...as it's got a lot more to it than the past releases.

Now reports can be made for various periods based on preset values (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually) as well as any dates you would like (you can select a start date and an end date).

These reports can now be automatically downloaded to your local machine (instead of the server) as excel files. Hope everyone likes it...I have also added a donations button. If you find this contribution useful and would like to make a donation...the means are now there.

Thanks.

-Chris

Chris Sullivan

couple things:

none of the export buttons show up

then optionally: remove donations button (sorry but it is just annoying... If some one wants to donate they will go into the original file and find a link or file...)I realize it is nice to be rewarded for a contribute but maybe gone a little far?

my 2 cents

G8 contrib...

In order to fix the export button problem, you can simply remove

DIR_FS_ADMIN .

from margin_report.php (line 643) and margin_report2.php (line 262). I have updated the files, and uploaded the fixed version.

Anything else?

-Chris

Edited by blueline

Chris Sullivan

to correct the LARGE FONT PROBLEM please change <td'; to <td class="smallText"'; on line 46 in admin/margin_report.php

I used this fix but it breaks the background color of the header bar where Product, Cost, Price, Special Price, Margin ($), Margin (%) is shown.

Edited by chaicka

Please update your files with the new files found in the contributions section. This fixes the large font problem, and adds A LOT of new funcionality.

Thanks,

-Chris

Chris Sullivan

BlueLine,

For some reason I'm not getting proper notification of post here so I've missed most of them until just now.

Everything you've done sounds wonderful. I'll download the new version today and give it a run.

Thanks,

CatDad

blueline,

No offense, great contribution but your installation instructions are having a few errors which I have fixed in a previous upload.

Here are the errors based on the new v2.51 file:

Page 2 of 7 - Wrongly inputting the products_cost value to the wrong value in mySQL table as the statement is wrong.

Error Is

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_price', $pInfo->products_cost, ''); ?></td>

Should Be

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_cost', $pInfo->products_cost, ''); ?></td>

Page 6 of 7 - In your files, there is reference to TEXT_PRODUCTS_COST_INFO but your installation instructions never add that in. Furthermore, the definition of TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICE_COST should be in line with the rest of osC 2.2 MS2 definitions.

Error Is

/includes/languages/english/categories.php

Add:

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICE_COST', 'Cost: ');

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_PROFIT_INFO', 'Profit:');

Should Be

Add:

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_COST_INFO', 'Cost: ');

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_PROFIT_INFO', 'Profit:');

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICE_COST', 'Products Price (Cost):');