• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Margin Report v2.10

blueline

Sorry if this is cross posted from main category, got confused with new forum layout. Been away a while.

Fresh install of 2.2, fresh upload of latest Margin Report. If db managed with phpMyAdmin 2.2.3 no problem. If managed with 2.9.1 following error occurs:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(*) as total from products p, products_to_categories p2c, categories c, products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and p2c.products_id = p.products_id and c.categories_id = p2c.categories_id

Tks

Oh. Always was a great contrib. Now may be better.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just wanted to say that this contribution is GREAT. It is one of those that should come by default with OSC, and that once you have it installed and start using it, you will wonder how you lived so much time without the information it gives you...

I only have one minor issue with it when trying to copy a product from the admin side, I get a SQL error, but that is probably that I made some mistake when integrating it, since I also have SPPC and QPB, I have to revise it.

The other thing that bothers me is that when seeing the margin report, the items you have duplicate (same item on more than one category) will also be showing up as duplicates. No big deal for me since I have very few duplicate items, but it can be a headache for those that have many duplicates.

MindTwist of Twisted Reality and Twisted Tienda

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello there

Nice system you guys made here.

But i was wondering about a little thing.

Is it possible to get this cost price to * with some special currency. The "problem" is that i order items from china and they are in $. But we are using NOK here in norway. Then it had been very easy for people like me that don't only use $'s. to just type in the dollar price and get it over to NOK in cost price.

Since now i have to get it over to NOK manual. Is this possible to do, with out to much work for you guys.

Hope someone understand what i mean :)

Br

Aukland

But i was wondering about a little thing.

Is it possible to get this cost price to * with some special currency. The "problem" is that i order items from china and they are in $. But we are using NOK here in norway. Then it had been very easy for people like me that don't only use $'s. to just type in the dollar price and get it over to NOK in cost price.

Since now i have to get it over to NOK manual. Is this possible to do, with out to much work for you guys.

I understand what you mean, but I see no point on entering your costs in US$ (or CNY, or whatever you are peying your pourchases with).

Once you pay your purchases, you know what exchange you have paid for whatever you purchased in China, so you know your cost in NOK. That is the cost you should be using, since you do not want exchange rates to be constantly changing your cost.

MindTwist of Twisted Reality and Twisted Tienda

I have successfully installed this mod on my website, and I love it, but I have a couple issues:

1) I have updated the cost fields, but when I do a query for say weekly, it shows the net cost of items sold, but it does not add up the cost of items sold?

2)when I try to search for last month or last week it give me all of the transactions for last year. Is their a fix that I am missing?

Thanks

Evan

Edited by dsolutions

As I look more into it, it looks like the problem might be with margin_report2.php instead of margin_report.php.

When I pull up margin_report.php I see the actual cost but when I go to say, weekly, or any of the others it does not pull in the "cost" column. Also, the math is not functioning for any of the different timelines.

I have gone over and over the instructions. Please help me :)

Best Regards,

Evan

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar problem as You dsolutions. Everything works perfectly except from just one thing.

When I select to view a report from "Yesterday" it shows all orders from the very first day of the

shop. Every other report seems to work, but not Yesterday. Anyone have a clue?

Br,

Clas

• 1 month later...

Hi All, I think this Margin Report is a great module and it's just what I've been looking for to included in my OSC Shop. It sort-of half works. I can view the reports and obtain data as I should but I have a bad error message when I try to edit/update my Catalog/Product in Admin. the message reads; Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/.../includes/functions/database.php on line 99. The shop itself still appear to be functioning fine, so I know I'm almost there. If anyone has any ideas as to what this error means and how I fix it, I would appreciate it. My experience in php is limited, so the simpler the explanation the better. Thanks again

I've just uploaded new version of this great contrib.

I've included the following major functions:

- per order percentage margin

- summary percentage margin

- filtering based on order status

I think that it is real important to see margin per order as there might be a combination of products or conditions (vouchers, delivery charges) that can cause you loss. Also, the product status filter - if we run reports, we are not interested in canceled or test orders are we? Thus the filter.

If you decide to improve or amend anything, please use this latest version to make sure that you work with the latest, fixed report files. I hope that I've not missed anything, if I did, I'm sorry but I have very limited time to do any coding or contribution improvements.

If you're upgrading, you should be OK with replacing files, but as always backup and compare.

Download: Margin Report v_3.00

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Edited by mr_absinthe

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

I've just uploaded new version of this great contrib.

I've included the following major functions:

- per order percentage margin

- summary percentage margin

- filtering based on order status

I think that it is real important to see margin per order as there might be a combination of products or conditions (vouchers, delivery charges) that can cause you loss. Also, the product status filter - if we run reports, we are not interested in canceled or test orders are we? Thus the filter.

If you decide to improve or amend anything, please use this latest version to make sure that you work with the latest, fixed report files. I hope that I've not missed anything, if I did, I'm sorry but I have very limited time to do any coding or contribution improvements.

If you're upgrading, you should be OK with replacing files, but as always backup and compare.

Download: Margin Report v_3.00

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

It is possible to make the order number clickable to link to the order details directly?

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

It depends if you want to calculate your margin from the top or from the bottom, since it is common business practice in the US and Europe to do it from the top, since it was done in this contribution originally in margin_report.php and last but not least since it corresponds with totals - thus the formula the way it is. Yes, it is also possible to make the order number clickable but as I've already mentioned - no time, so its up to you to. ;)

I would personally think of other options such us a bubble icon that would display the products of that particular order on mouseover. :-"

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

Dear mr_absinthe,

Thank you very much for your update of the contribution! Really appreciate it!

My knowledge in PHP is near to ZERO, I have spent a lot of time in trying to modify the codes without success. Your 5 mins work can be my forever but still unsuccess work.

Would you be kind enough to add the "bubble icon" mouse over to show order details to the order number? I have this in my Customer Order, would really be helpful if you can add it to the margin report.

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

Hi

I have just installed this Margin_report_v3.00

and have 2 Q:

1) I have Quantity Price Break, price break per discount category installed and in Margin_report_v3.00 Install.txt it has this:

/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

Find:

while (list($products_id, ) = each($this->contents)) {
	$products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_tax_class_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Replace With:

$products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_cost, p.products_weight, p.products_tax_class_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

but Quantity Price Break, price break per discount category has:

Find (around line 325-334):

$products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_tax_class_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
	 if ($products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query)) {
	   $prid = $products['products_id'];
	   $products_price = $products['products_price'];

$specials_query = tep_db_query("select specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$prid . "' and status = '1'");
	   if (tep_db_num_rows($specials_query)) {
		 $specials = tep_db_fetch_array($specials_query);
		 $products_price = $specials['specials_new_products_price'];
	   }

Replace with:

if ($products = $pf->loadProduct($products_id, $languages_id)) {
	   $products_price = $pf->computePrice($this->contents[$products_id]['qty']);

so i can not do this should this be ok? as I can not see as 2) below.

2) I am getting this erorr when I go to Admin > reports > Margin Report

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class productListingBox in /catalog/admin/includes/classes/box.php on line 227

but there is not a line 227 ?

Hi

I have just installed this Margin_report_v3.00

and have 2 Q:

1) I have Quantity Price Break, price break per discount category installed and in Margin_report_v3.00 Install.txt it has this:

/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

Find:

Replace With:

$products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_cost, p.products_weight, p.products_tax_class_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

but Quantity Price Break, price break per discount category has:

Find (around line 325-334):

if ($products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query)) {
		$prid = $products['products_id'];
		$products_price = $products['products_price'];

$specials_query = tep_db_query("select specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$prid . "' and status = '1'");
		if (tep_db_num_rows($specials_query)) {
		  $specials = tep_db_fetch_array($specials_query);
		  $products_price = $specials['specials_new_products_price'];
		}

Replace with:

if ($products = $pf->loadProduct($products_id, $languages_id)) {
		$products_price = $pf->computePrice($this->contents[$products_id]['qty']);

so i can not do this should this be ok? as I can not see as 2) below.

2) I am getting this erorr when I go to Admin > reports > Margin Report

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class productListingBox in /catalog/admin/includes/classes/box.php on line 227

but there is not a line 227 ?

Hi

odd if I change margin_report.php to margin_report2.php all works?

Hello I have been using this report also.

I also added last year to the report (If anyone also wants that, let me know), but I've got a an issue.

When I check the margin, it isn't always correct.

It looks like when 2 items are in an order this happends, I've tested this on a virgin installed Oscommerce with Margin report.

Added the DvD there is something about Mary (10 euro costst) and You've got mail (12 euro costs).

Here is the result:

Order ID 1

Items Sold 2

Sales Amount 84.98EUR

Cost Gross 22.00EUR

profit 62.98EUR

Margin (%) 66%

When you calculate the margin manually: (Sales Amount-Cost Gross)/Sales Amount it comes to 74% and not 66%

Anybody any idea?

Damn found another one!

When you choose today, no data shows! Even though somebody bought something today.

Checked the query and it gives the correct date: SELECT curdate() as time

When you look at the yesterday query it gives SELECT DATE_SUB(curdate(), INTERVAL 1 DAY) as time which also gives the correct date.

Anybody any idea?

Greets

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mr_absinthe,

Thank you for this contribe it's that I need but mine doesn't work !!!

I installed the release v3.00a and I have problem with margin_report2.php.

When I select a report (exemple: yesterday) I have this message:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home.10.9/infinicl/www/clients/sygma/matteo/margin_report2.php on line 192

Here are the lines 191-193 of the file margin_report2.php:

$o = array();

while ($order = mysql_fetch_array($order_query, MYSQL_ASSOC)) {

$o[] = $order['orders_id'];

And when I click on the button "export", the excel table is empty and I have this error message:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home.10.9/infinicl/www/clients/sygma/matteo/margin_report2.php on line 192

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home.10.9/infinicl/www/clients/sygma/matteo/margin_report2.php:192) in /home.10.9/infinicl/www/clients/sygma/matteo/margin_report2.php on line 285

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home.10.9/infinicl/www/clients/sygma/matteo/margin_report2.php:192) in /home.10.9/infinicl/www/clients/sygma/matteo/margin_report2.php on line 286

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home.10.9/infinicl/www/clients/sygma/matteo/margin_report2.php:192) in /home.10.9/infinicl/www/clients/sygma/matteo/margin_report2.php on line 287

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home.10.9/infinicl/www/clients/sygma/matteo/margin_report2.php:192) in /home.10.9/infinicl/www/clients/sygma/matteo/margin_report2.php on line 288

I hope somebody could help me.

Thank you.

Guillaume.

• 2 months later...

I seemed to have installed Margin Report v3.00a correctly since I am not getting any errors.

When the try the following...

(Admin->Reports->Margin Report->Show)

I am only seeing data for the weekly option. The rest of the options do not display any data.

Any ideas on where I went wrong?

Margin Report Home

marginreporthomekv6.jpg

Margin Report Daily (Everything other than Weekly shows something like this.)

marginreportdailyzh1.jpg

Margin Report Weekly

marginreportweeklysn7.jpg

Hi,

I just installed Margin Report 3.0a

and i got exactly the same problem as listed before

When i select the option "Today", "Yesterday", the report empty.

I allready worked around with the mysql query.. but i didn't find any probing clue

anybody ?

Less is more...