• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager v1.01, please help???

panzz

2.Proposition : being able to switch for admin for listing horizontal and vertical

i found the insert ot do in the admin and did a test in the call for the listing file

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES

(10201, 'Listing type choice', 'LINKS_LISTING_CHOICE', 'horizontal', 'choose between horizontal or vertical Listing', 6544, 20, '0000-00-00', '2006-03-04', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'horizontal\', \'vertical\'),');

MS2

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if it s not to much to ask , here is my email if i can try to be inspired by your code without space : azerosc @ gmail.com or maybe here in the forum

REquest 2 : when someone submit a link , ihe s got a dropdown menu of the categories, but imagine if he wants to ask for a new categorie ? we should maybe make a defaut categorie like "category not listed" or " propose new category" , even if he can not enter the name , we then know that the link submitter surely entered a category proposal in the description, and we could put that in the hlp text ;)

The code is mised in with a lot of other changes the person requested so it is not something I can just throw together.

That's an interesting idea. It might cause a lot more work for the shop owner since he still has to approve the link but it is easy enoguh to add. I will add it to the lsit of things to do if someone doesn't do it first.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

New relase proposition :

1.Done :i corrected many hard coded english text , i ve put them in define variable , and put them in langauge defintion .

2.Proposition : being able to switch for admin for listing horizontal and vertical

3. question , i couldnt find how to put in bold the TABLE_HEADING_LINKS_TITLE , in the vertival lisintg it is in blod in horizontal it s not

u guys tell me if you want me to release after having resolved the few question i posted here !

2 - Yes, this was an oversight and should be added. To do it, update the database with something like
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Links standard display', 'LINKS_STANDARD_DISPLAY', 'True', 'Display links in the standard oscommerce table format or as a vertical listing.', '" . $configuration_group_id . "', '18', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())

Then find this line in links.php

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_LINK_LISTING); ?></td>

and change it to

<td>
	 <?php if (LINKS_STANDARD_DISPLAY) {
	  include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_LINK_LISTING);
	 } else {
	  include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_LINK_LISTING_VERTICAL);
	 }		 
	 ?>
	</td>

Then add to includes/filenames.php

define('FILENAME_LINK_LISTING_VERTICAL', 'link_listing_vertical.php');

and rename the option vertical file that comes with the contribution to links_vertical_listing.php.

If you do post an update, please submit a full package. It is becoming common practice to upload updates that just consist of one file. This causes so much confusion for people not familiar with the contribution as well as anyone wanting to upgrade.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

If you do post an update, please submit a full package. It is becoming common practice to upload updates that just consist of one file. This causes so much confusion for people not familiar with the contribution as well as anyone wanting to upgrade.

im waiting for the qustion 3 to be answered , i can not find where to make a changement to make the website title not in the heading to be in bold ..

question 4. i already gave the code i put to insert the listing choice , but i dont know how to change it in the database intall php file included in the contribution

after that i can release a full release and some mebers can test it , then put it in contribution page :-)

MS2

I don't understand what you are asking about the bold item.

For the sql, you have to change the included links_setup.php file so new installations work correctly and then provide instructions for updating the database for existing ones. The code I posted will work in both instances except it needs to be altered a little for the file. But that can be easily seen by the existing code.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The code I posted will work in both instances except it needs to be altered a little for the file

well thsi is the point i didnt manage to change it the way it has to be altered .. so i added it in the install txt for the moment

MS2

When you see capital letters show up in an error, it usually means a define statement is missing. Check the instructions where it says to add a line to the database tables file. Your problem should be there.

Jack

Thaks Jack, I did miss a define statement. All is working well now.

I got this error when I tried to access the links.php page. Any idea why or how to fix?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared
in /includes/header.php:221)
in /includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody! I have installed this Links Manager V.1.09, however I have encountered with a problem. I can see the Links, Links Categories, Links Contact at the left column of the Admin Page. However, when I click on the Links & the Link Categories, it can't display the right page and just show the message of

"1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, l.links_date_added, l.links_last_modified, l.links_status, l.links_clicked, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, l.links_contact_name, l.links_contact_email, l.links_reciprocal_url, l.links_status from links l left join links_description ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id where ld.language_id = '4' order by ld.links_title limit -20, 20

[TEP STOP]"

I can't understand what's the real problem as I have input the SQL file successfully. Does anyone has any ideas and willing to give me a hand? Thanks! ^ ^

That is a php error. There is a fix for it (search the forums) or install the security update contribution, which really should be installed anyway.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for your help! Does it means it's the error of this module? Where I can find the fix way or update version of this contribution? Just let me know, thanks so much!

That is a php error. There is a fix for it (search the forums) or install the security update contribution, which really should be installed anyway.

Jack

No, it is showing up now due tothe code in Links Manager. The problem was there all along. You just didn't see it. The security update can be found in the contributions section by searching on that name.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

THE STATUS BUG .

I have installed this addon with no problems or errors.

I entered a link, but the problem is this :

in Admin -> Link Manager -> Edit -> STATUS <============ I HAVE NO STATUS HERE , BLANK, EMPTY.

As I followed up the Threads I read and read, and did check the table, they are OK .

I'm using English as Default and it is NR. 1 in the list .

I also did try to put My second lanf. as default and chaged all language_id tables to 2

and STILL !! I have nothing in the STATUS drop down .

PLEASE HELP !

Peace !

The code just reads in the status entries from the table, adds them to an array and displays them. So if you are not seeing a status at all, I would assume they are not in the database. Take a look in the link status table to be sure the entries are there.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sure they are in the database

i'm not sure where and how to implement the array . (...still not a big php coder,sorry).

here is what I see when I browse the 'link_status' table :

links_status_id language_id links_status_name

Edit Delete 1 1 Pending

Edit Delete 2 1 Approved

Edit Delete 3 1 Disabled

Edit Delete 4 1 Waiting

=====================================the end of the table

so the table is there, and as I told you I also tried to change the language_id in every table, and that did not work either .

and I think this should work as the array is in the catalog/admin/links.php :

$links_status_array = array();

$links_status_query = tep_db_query("select links_status_id, links_status_name from " . TABLE_LINKS_STATUS . " where language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

so what next !?

No .

it does not appear, as i told you .

more then that, the link is added, I can see the category with 1 link, but it does not display it, ofcourse because it has no status ... I think . you can see it in action at : www.bonguri.ro . it has english version as default.

I really need this cool addon to work. if you have any more ideeas please reply.

peace !