• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager v1.01, please help???

panzz

OK this was the first ever install of Links Manager V1.9

Ive read the forums and changed the code in the admin/includes/split_page_results as stated earlier. The error did not change. I think I may have messed up after running the links_setup.php I then used the update text file to search for and change the table in mysql. Becuase an error showed up there. Can anyone help me with a simple solution or should I delete my database , then restore it and run the setup file again? It looks like stevemitch2 already tried with no success. Do I need to over right all the files for this contribution ?

Warning: Division by zero in /home/ravenvie/public_html/admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 33
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY' at line 1

select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, l.links_date_added, l.links_last_modified, l.links_status, l.links_clicked, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, l.links_contact_name, l.links_contact_email, l.links_reciprocal_url, l.links_status from links l left join links_description ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id where l.links_status = '4' and ld.language_id = '1' order by ld.links_title limit 0, MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all, :)

i have installed a new shopsystem with the PWA ( purchase without account )

contrib, and now the new window page don?t work.

When i click a link it say?s :

http://changed.../changed.../order_info.php?osCsid=

That is comming why redirect.php now go?s to the Order_Info.php.

Have anyone figured out how to fix that error, and who i can paste

the code for normal redirect.php now ?

I hope anyone can help.

Regards

Hobbes

OK this was the first ever install of Links Manager V1.9

Ive read the forums and changed the code in the admin/includes/split_page_results as stated earlier. The error did not change. I think I may have messed up after running the links_setup.php  I then used the update text file to search for and change the table in mysql. Becuase an error showed up there. Can anyone  help me with a simple solution or should I delete my database , then restore it and run the setup file again?  It looks like stevemitch2  already tried with no success. Do I need to over right all the files for this contribution ?

Warning: Division by zero in /home/ravenvie/public_html/admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 33
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY' at line 1

select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, l.links_date_added, l.links_last_modified, l.links_status, l.links_clicked, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, l.links_contact_name, l.links_contact_email, l.links_reciprocal_url, l.links_status from links l left join links_description ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id where l.links_status = '4' and ld.language_id = '1' order by ld.links_title limit 0, MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY

There's no reason to delete the database, just delete the entries for Links Manager. There are six tables starting with Links. There is one entry in the configuration_group table and 18 in configuration (assuming you installed them all). You can search for the work link in each to help find them. Once all of those are deleted, try running links_setup again.

But, unless you know the database might be wrong, you should first try replacing all of your files from the contribution (make backups first so they can be restored). Does the problem still happen? If so, try the database as mentioned above. Does it still happen? If so, then you hae a problem unrelated to Lnks Manager I'm afraid.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello all,  :)

contrib, and now the new window page don?t work.

I hope anyone can help.

Regards

Hobbes

This is the support thread for Lnks Manager. You need to ask your question in the PWA support thread.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

Great Contribution it really is. Works great and is very useful when man tries to increas SERP a bit :)

But... I have a problem, with maintaing links.php in 790 width and centered, whole my shop has these settings and the place were links are being displayed is wider than this and there's no way I could find to decreee width of link listing :(

Cany anybody tell me how to make the page where links are displayed less wide ?

Kind Regards

x4ntos

Ok I deleted the 6 link tables and reran the links_setup.php. I still get the error below, This error only shows up on the links.php page, not link_categories.php, or links_contact.php. Any other suggestions?

select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, l.links_date_added, l.links_last_modified, l.links_status, l.links_clicked, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, l.links_contact_name, l.links_contact_email, l.links_reciprocal_url, l.links_status from links l left join links_description ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id where ld.language_id = '1' order by ld.links_title limit 0, MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Ok I deleted the 6 link tables and reran the links_setup.php. I still get the error below, This error only shows up on the links.php page, not link_categories.php, or links_contact.php.  Any other suggestions?

select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, l.links_date_added, l.links_last_modified, l.links_status, l.links_clicked, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, l.links_contact_name, l.links_contact_email, l.links_reciprocal_url, l.links_status from links l left join links_description ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id where ld.language_id = '1' order by ld.links_title limit 0, MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY

This is what the table the above error refers too looks like

SELECT *  FROM `me_mine`.`configuration` WHERE `configuration_id` LIKE '%MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY%' OR `configuration_title` LIKE '%MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY%' OR `configuration_key` LIKE '%MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY%' OR `configuration_value` LIKE '%MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY%' OR `configuration_description` LIKE '%MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY%' OR `configuration_group_id` LIKE '%MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY%' OR `sort_order` LIKE '%MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY%' OR `last_modified` LIKE '%MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY%' OR `date_added` LIKE '%MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY%' OR `use_function` LIKE '%MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY%' OR `set_function` LIKE '%MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY%'

Admin Gone to Total BS!

I dont know what happened but everything is normal now

Maybe I was seeing a cached page after updating the table. Does the admin get cached?

Well thanks for the help Jack and anyone else. :thumbsup:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Hello Jack,  :)

thx for answer me.

But PWA works well, only the redirect work now not for links system.

I will ask in PWA Support, and i hope there i find a solution.

When not, can you later help than ?

Regards

Hobbes

Links Manager should not have affected PWA at all that I can see.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

Great Contribution it really is. Works great and is very useful when man tries to increas SERP a bit  :)

But... I have a problem, with maintaing links.php in 790 width and centered, whole my shop has these settings and the place were links are being displayed is wider than this and there's no way I could find to decreee width of link listing :(

Kind Regards

x4ntos

The code in the link.php page is for a stock shop and probably doesn't match your settings. Try comparing it with a page that displays well to see if there are any differences around the left and right column code.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I like to do my sites at around 760px wide too so I also run into various contributions and settings messing with my layout and stretching it. I'm installing some stuff now so can't double check what I did exactly but bottom line is that I took out a bunch of the cells via the admin panel. I believe I just left the SITE TITLE (and enabled it as a link) and the description, which fixed my problem.

You could also probably play around with the CSS code and see if adding a width might help.

Lauren

Yeah, well centered pages look much better imho :)

Problem was a bit confusing as I was editing all the html in links.php correctly and the width of the page wasn't decreesing.

finally, I reminded myself, that I'm using css buttons instead of normal graphical ones, those css buttons have constant width set up in stylesheet.css and it was those buttons, that were messing my site :)

I've corrected it and it's ok now.

Thank's a lot for the answers.

And now, when it's all working properly maybe I can make a use of this contribution :)

<!--- lil' AD :P

my site is about jewelry, it's pr2 now but predicted pr after next update is pr 3, so... does anybody want to arrange link exchange :P ? PM me if so

End of the AD -->

Kind Regards

x4ntos

I wanted the description under the Website Name (name is a link) and never found the answer how to do this. The way the links page was set up to diplay really bugged me. If anyone knows how this can be done automatically I would apreciate your help.

What I did is not as automatic as I would like but then again I will not have to do this reguarly so that is ok. What I did is in admin and first configuration - links

Display Link Image - blank

Display Link URL - 0

Display Link Title - Blank

then went to the Links Manager -> selected the website from the list > edit button, then copied the text the webmaster completed in the description field and pasted into the appropriate part of the html below, then copied this back into the description field, now I have the description under the website name which is also a link

<BR><B><A href="http://www.domain_name.com/">Name of Site</A></B><BR> Website description here.

Elizabeth

I wanted the description under the Website Name (name is a link) and never found the answer how to do this. The way the links page was set up to diplay really bugged me. If anyone knows how this can be done automatically I would apreciate your help.

What I did is not as automatic as I would like but then again I will not have to do this reguarly so that is ok. What I did is in admin and first configuration - links

Display Link Image - blank

Display Link URL - 0

Display Link Title - Blank

then went to the Links Manager -> selected the website from the list > edit button, then copied the text the webmaster completed in the description field and pasted into the appropriate part of the html below, then copied this back into the description field, now I have the description under the website name which is also a link

<BR><B><A href="http://www.domain_name.com/">Name of Site</A></B><BR> Website description here.

Elizabeth

Thank you, I have to say that is a smart and creatief solution, would never in a 1.000000 figured that one out

Seems like alot of work if you plan on many link partners especially if they submit there link via "links_submit.php". This "no automation" process is more a temporary fix until a links.php "column/row alignment" (revision) is incorporated :thumbsup:

Good idea again, for what should be fixed soon hopefully!

Edited by Top_Speed

define('PROJECTS', 'Something that goes on forever!');

Hello all,  :)

contrib, and the Link System..... now the new window page don?t work,

when a costumer click a link from store.

( from PWA )

I hope anyone can help.

Regards

Hobbes

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed this contrib on a site that has CoolMenu also installed. The links pages (including linksubmit.php, etc.) are the only ones that the coolmenu doesn't appear on. Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks

John

Haveing Troubles...

I just installed LinksManager_V_1.10

Now when I goto the admin section... I get this error...

Warning: Division by zero in /home/*****/public_html/Store/admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 33

select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, l.links_date_added, l.links_last_modified, l.links_status, l.links_clicked, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, l.links_contact_name, l.links_contact_email, l.links_reciprocal_url, l.links_status from links l left join links_description ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id where ld.language_id = '1' order by ld.links_title limit -0, MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY

Any idea why?

does anybody know how to get rid of the light blue that shows up on the background of the linklisting header?

( +Title Description )

i've been through the stylesheets over and over, there is no light blue ANYWHERE.

hi, here is my .linkListing-heading class:

.linkListing-heading {
 font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;
 font-size: 11px;
 font-weight: bold;
 background: #353B04;
 color: #FFFFFF;
 text-align: center;
}

the light blue is only on the background of the "title+" and "description" links, the actual background of the heading is the color i want it to be.