• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager v1.01, please help???

panzz

The problem you mention (20, 20) is a known problem and has to do with using php5. Here is the suggested fix. Find this in admin/classes/splitresult.php

$offset = ($max_rows_per_page * ($current_page_number - 1));
$sql_query .= " limit " . $offset . ", " . $max_rows_per_page;

and replace with

$offset = 0;
if($current_page_number > 0){
$offset = ($max_rows_per_page * ($current_page_number - 1));
}
$sql_query .= " limit " . $offset . ", " . $max_rows_per_page;

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jack,

Thanks for all your work to this cool contribution. No problems on the install everything went great. I have begun to use it and am adding links and their respective images. My problem is that I can see the images while I am in admin but, when I view the site and navigate to the links the page loads real slow and posts this error message:

(2013 lost connection to mysql server during query

select startdate, counter from counter).

So then I go back to admin and remove the call for the image and everything loads just fine. Any ideas why it does not like the link images?

Thanks,

Moon

"Woohoo, Just Havin Funnn!"

I don't know why you are getting that error. I suppose it could be an invalid image. Have you tryied isolating it to one particualr image? I doubt that it has to do with Links Manager though, assuming it is installed correctly. I think it is more likely a problem with your server. You may want to mention it to your host. They will probably tell you the problem is in the code but it might be worth a try.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack,

I have tried loading different images, I even made a few of my own. I can acually see the images in admin on the side bar. But when I check the live site it loads the links page really s l o w. And then after 2-3 min it shows the link but not the image and drops that error message. Anyway, I will check the host. Thanks for your time...

Moon

Sorry, this is the actual error message I am recieving...

(2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

select links_id, links_url from links where links_id = '2')

Does that make any difference?

Thanks,

Moon

The connection could be timing out on you because the code is caught in some sort of loop that uses all of the serves resources. The error could be indicating a particular link is causing the problem. Try creating a new category and a new link in that catgory. Does it fail the same way? If it does, try replacing the files for links manager on the catalog site. Maybe one of the files is corrupted for some reason. Also, be sure you are not mixing versions. A lot of changes were made to Links Manager lately. I don't think they mixing versions would cause this sort of problem but you never know.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The connection could be timing out on you because the code is caught in some sort of loop that uses all of the serves resources. The error could be indicating a particular link is causing the problem.? Try creating a new category and a new link in that catgory. Does it fail the same way? If it does, try replacing the files for links manager on the catalog site. Maybe one of the files is corrupted for some reason. Also, be sure you are not mixing versions. A lot of changes were made to Links Manager lately. I don't think they mixing versions would cause this sort of problem but you never know.

Jack

Jack,

Thanks again, I checked the links to the images. I replaced the links to the images and got rid of the http://mysite.com/linkimages/image.gif. I ended up with a call like this: /linkimages/image.gif dropping http://mysite.com. Now everything works fine.

Moon

Edited by moonbeam

Jack,

Thanks again, I checked the links to the images. I replaced the links to the images and got rid of the http://mysite.com/linkimages/image.gif. I ended up with a call like this: /linkimages/image.gif dropping http://mysite.com. Now everything works fine.

Moon

I had my images for my links thumnailed (outside or http called) from alexa (i.e.): http://thumbnails.alexa.com/image_server.c...ww.yoururl.com/

and had the same sluggish results (on fully loaded pages). The partial loaded pages (another words 5 to 10 links per page) loaded fairly fast. I went into admin and selected "no images" because of the slow page loads.

--KJ

define('PROJECTS', 'Something that goes on forever!');

Step 5: Admin -> Configuration -> Links, Admin -> Links Manager to get started.

I only see configuration -> Links :'(

I have checked the installation process over and over, can anyone help please :)

Step 5: Admin -> Configuration -> Links, Admin -> Links Manager to get started.

I only see configuration -> Links  :'(

I have checked the installation process over and over, can anyone help please  :)

:blush: Sorry, fixed it didn't cut and paste code properly, noob mistake, doh!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

First of all i would like to say that this is a wicked contribution, nice one.

I am using v1.09 and keep getting an error when adding categories or new links. It still lets me add them but the errors are annoying..

Errors on adding new categories in admin.

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/russell/public_html/admin/link_categories.php on line 111

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/russell/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/russell/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

errors when adding new links in admin

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/russell/public_html/admin/links.php on line 184

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/russell/public_html/admin/links.php on line 184

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/russell/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/russell/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Everything works fine apart from the above shows on the top of the screen.

I am using PHP 5 and MySQL version MySQL 4.1.13-standard

Hope this can be sorted.

Hello

First of all i would like to say that this is a wicked contribution, nice one.

I am using v1.09 and keep getting an error when adding categories or new links. It still lets me add them but the errors are annoying..

Errors on adding new categories in admin.

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/russell/public_html/admin/link_categories.php on line 111

errors when adding new links in admin

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/russell/public_html/admin/links.php on line 184

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/russell/public_html/admin/links.php on line 184

Everything works fine apart from the above shows on the top of the screen.

I am using PHP 5 and MySQL version MySQL 4.1.13-standard

Hope this can be sorted.

Its ok i have sorted this problem.. it is mentioned in this topic earlier on..

Hi, I downloaded and part installed v1.09 of links manager, I am upto the update to 1.09 section, it tells me to add the update, which i gather means run this script in mysql:

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Links open in new page', 'LINKS_OPEN_NEW_PAGE', 'True', 'Open links in new page when clicked.', '901', '17', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())
INSERT INTO links_status VALUES ( '4', '1', 'Waiting')

However when I try to run this script I get the following error:

SQL-query: Documentation

INSERT INTO configuration( configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added )
VALUES (
'Links open in new page', 'LINKS_OPEN_NEW_PAGE', 'True', 'Open links in new page when clicked.', '901', '17', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now( )
)
INSERT INTO links_status
VALUES (
'4', '1', 'Waiting'
) 

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INSERT INTO links_status VALUES ( '4', '1', 'Waiting')' at line

Any ideas?

The database update for Links Manager is done by calling the links_setup.php file from your browser. If you didn't do it that way, you may not have added all of the changes to your database.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

GREAT contribution!! Thanks to all who have worked on it. It was the simplest contrib to install!!

I had a problem I was coming here to ask about but figured it out just a second ago so I'm here to share instead.

I have version 1.09 installed and I couldn't get the site title to be a link even with it turned ON in the admin panel. Then I remembered that I also installed the "flash" add on to teh contrib from 17 Jun 2005 - it is one file that replaces cat/includes/module/link_listing.php. I overwrote that file with the original v1.09 version and JOY. The title is NOW a link.

Figured I'd share for you php coders who have some spare time. :D

Lauren

PS...would really LOVE the reciprocal linking to NOT be required.

• 2 weeks later...

The links.php file is the one to edit. It serves double duty by displaying links or link categories so you have get the right part.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The one in the catalog directory. As for where, find this line

} elseif ($display_mode == 'links') {

and place your code after it somewhere.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

Can anyone help.

We had an error in sql regarding Links Manager, so decided to re-install sql via links_setup.php again, but it keeps saying that it is already installed, yet we removed all elements from sql database first??????????

Now we cannot seem to get links_setup to run again without it saying 'already installed', regardless of how many times we delete tables from database??

Does anyone have the latest raw sql data that we can input manually?

Thank you

Steve