osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url=http://www.oscommerce.com]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

switch ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) {
   case 'banner':
     $banner_query = tep_db_query("select banners_url from " . TABLE_BANNERS . " where banners_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['goto'] . "'");
     if (tep_db_num_rows($banner_query)) {
       $banner = tep_db_fetch_array($banner_query);
       tep_update_banner_click_count($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']);

tep_redirect($banner['banners_url']);
     }
     break;

case 'url':
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto'])) {
       tep_redirect('http://' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']);
     }
     break;

case 'manufacturer':
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
       $manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_url from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
       if (tep_db_num_rows($manufacturer_query)) {
// url exists in selected language
         $manufacturer = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturer_query);

if (tep_not_null($manufacturer['manufacturers_url'])) {
           tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " set url_clicked = url_clicked+1, date_last_click = now() where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

tep_redirect($manufacturer['manufacturers_url']);
         }
       } else {
// no url exists for the selected language, lets use the default language then
         $manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select mi.languages_id, mi.manufacturers_url from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi, " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . " l where mi.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and mi.languages_id = l.languages_id and l.code = '" . DEFAULT_LANGUAGE . "'");
         if (tep_db_num_rows($manufacturer_query)) {
           $manufacturer = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturer_query);

if (tep_not_null($manufacturer['manufacturers_url'])) {
             tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " set url_clicked = url_clicked+1, date_last_click = now() where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$manufacturer['languages_id'] . "'");

tep_redirect($manufacturer['manufacturers_url']);
           }
         }
       }
     }
     break;

// VJ Links Manager v1.00 begin
   case 'links':
     require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'links.php');

$links_query = tep_db_query("select links_url from " . TABLE_LINKS . " where links_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['goto'] . "'");
     if (tep_db_num_rows($links_query)) {
       $link = tep_db_fetch_array($links_query);
       tep_update_links_click_count($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']);

tep_redirect($link['links_url']);
     }
     break;
// VJ Links Manager v1.00 end
 }

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));
?>

And all works fine here.

Have you done all edits right ?

Greets

Hobbes

Edited by Hobbes_TheReal

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey - Thanks for this great contribution!

I am not using the category graphics or the link graphic fields, as I am placing the graphic in the description field via html. But I can see how these fields would be good for others.

Does anyone know how I would go about having:

1) a pull down list of all my Link titles from the Links Manager on the Banner Manager page?

2) a selection capability to select any Link as a Banner without having to copy and paste the information back and forth.

This would be a really cool feature... :blush: but it is a bit ahead of my IT capability...

Edited by 241

Hi All,

Well done on a great contribution.

I have everything working and have a link to the links page in my information box. I was wondering if someone could help me with linking directly to a link manager category.

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LINKS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_LINKS . '</a><br>');

thats my link to the links page but what would the link to a category within links be.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is probably what you need:

<td align="center" class="main">
  <?php echo '<a title="some text" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LINKS, 'lPath=1', 'NONSSL') . '">' . "Links Cat 1" . '</a>'; ?></td>

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanx for the reply,

The link is created but im not sure where in my information.php to place it. Ive tried a few places and i either get an error or i get the link outside of the infobox.

The location in the code for the first error relates to reading items from the database and the division by zero error occurs if the new max display field is not used. So my guess is that the database was not updated correctly.  As mentioned earlier, the changes I made were based on version 1.01 so there may be something in the 1.02 version that is causing the problem. Although if you replaced all files, that should not be the case.

Jack

Jack, I fixed the array problem. Checking back in the files i installed for version 1.0.1 there was a section of code in the admin/links.php that tested for existence of arrays

if(is_array($links) && is_array($category)){
        $lInfo_array = array_merge($links, $category);
   }else{
        $make_array_links = array($links);
        $make_array_category = array($category);
        $lInfo_array = array_merge($make_array_links, $make_array_category);
   }

//        $lInfo_array = array_merge($links, $category);

there is also an similar error in links_categories.php, the code I used to fix the error there is:

if(is_array($link_categories) && is_array($links_count)){
        $cInfo_array = array_merge($link_categories, $links_count);
   }else{
        $make_array_link_categories = array($link_categories);
        $make_array_link_categories = array($links_count);
        $cInfo_array = array_merge($make_array_link_categories, $make_array_link_categories);
   }

//        $cInfo_array = array_merge($link_categories, $links_count);
       $cInfo = new objectInfo($cInfo_array);

It took a while to figure it out but now every thing works and I have been able to install version 1.09 and it works great

Philip

ok I have begun to update I have gotten as far as 1.03 I did not do the '1.02 spanish pack' or '1.04 the drop down list'

Getting to 1.05

Added Search function to each link page

Added Sort function to display in admin

Added Categories button to reach link categories page from the individual link pages

What exact files were effected with this upgrade. I have some design issues and cannot just be replacing files ot things will not work. Sifting through every files line of code is very daunting. If I just knew what the changes were I'd add those changes.

Unfortunately, that information was not recorded, at least by me. But I beleive the following would be the files involved.

The search funtion would have altered catalog/links.php and added or changed catalog/includes/modules/links_search.php.

The sort function would have changed the admin/links.php file.

Added categories button would have changed the catalog/links.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

links search is not and addable file for that upgrade and it does not exsits yet.

Ok this is just a jumbled nightmare! I will just start with adding a search to each link page. I would assume that the catalos/links.php would be the file for that as you said. I just did a text comaprison and did not see what was changed for that. I am getting brain burned trying to figure all this out so I probably need to step away and come back.

Ok i have checked again. GRRRRR I do not see the change made for the link search to be on each categorie page. I would assume in that file there would be the search function towards the end. I see No changes though. I don't get it? How do I get the search on all the category pages? I see where there is the submit link button for the category pages but nothing after that that would make the search form appear. I've dowloaded and opened the file a few times and do not see the change?

Ok I have figured things ou an gotton the search on categories and the other pages. I am using creloaded and a template that I purchaced so things are a tad screwy. If anyone need an explaination just say so. I have not finished all of the upgrades but when i do I'll compile a list of what I did and post it.

I'm not sure how to change the look yet but if you want to have the title as a link there are two things you can do.

One you could permenantly make it a link by going into link_listing.php and looking for case"LINK_LIST_TITLE' and changing: $1c_text = $listing['links_title']; to: $1c_text = '<a href="' . tep_get_links_url($listing['links_id']) . '" target=_blank">' .$listing['links_title']. '</a>';

OR you can add an option to turn it on and off by adding this to the configuration table of your database: FIRST BACK UP YOUR DATABASE!

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Display Link Title as links', 'TITLES_AS_LINKS', 'False', 'Make the links title a link.', '" . $configuration_group_id . "', '8', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())

then you will need to find that entry by selecting your database on the left, then selecting the configuration table from the left list, then the browse tab up top, then search by page in the dropdown to find the entry you just made. Once you find it you need to make sure the configuration_group_id is correct. You can check the configuration group ID by goin to left and selecting configuration_group selecting the browse tab up top and looking for LINKS under configure_group_title then taking note of the number in the configure_group_id.

then look for in includes/modules/links.php:

switch ($column_list[$col]) {

case 'LINK_LIST_TITLE':

$lc_align = '';

$lc_text = $listing['links_title'];

break;

CHANGE TO:

case 'LINK_LIST_TITLE':

$lc_align = '';

if (LINKS_TITLES_AS_LINKS == 'True')

else

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_get_links_url($listing['links_id']) . '" target="_blank">' . $listing['links_title'] . '</a>';

break;

If there is an easier way without disturbung any design to your site or database data in effect please someone post a better way.

Edited by movado

I am confused about doing this change. I would like to do file changes and at least hopefully make the title a link and get rid of the link column. Can you please take a look at the code below and tell me what to change?

Thank you for your help

<?php

/*

$Id: link_listing.php,v 1.00 2003/10/03 Exp $

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

*/

class linkListingBox extends tableBox {

function linkListingBox($contents) {

$this->table_parameters = 'class="linkListing"';

$this->tableBox($contents, true);

}

}

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'l.links_id');

if ( ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ( (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '1') || (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3') ) ) {

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><TR>

<TD width="100%"> </TD>

</TR>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo $listing_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_LINKS); ?></td>

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $listing_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

$list_box_contents = array();

for ($col=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $col<$n; $col++) {

case 'LINK_LIST_TITLE':

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_LINKS_TITLE;

$lc_align = '';

break;

case 'LINK_LIST_URL':

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_LINKS_URL;

$lc_align = '';

break;

case 'LINK_LIST_IMAGE':

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_LINKS_IMAGE;

$lc_align = 'center';

break;

case 'LINK_LIST_DESCRIPTION':

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_LINKS_DESCRIPTION;

$lc_align = 'center';

break;

case 'LINK_LIST_COUNT':

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_LINKS_COUNT;

$lc_align = '';

break;

}

if ($column_list[$col] != 'LINK_LIST_IMAGE') {

$lc_text = tep_create_sort_heading($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], $col+1, $lc_text);

}

$list_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => $lc_align,

'params' => 'class="linkListing-heading"',

'text' => ' ' . $lc_text . ' ');

}

if ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) {

$rows = 0;

$listing_query = tep_db_query($listing_split->sql_query);

while ($listing = tep_db_fetch_array($listing_query)) {

$rows++;

if (($rows/2) == floor($rows/2)) {

$list_box_contents[] = array('params' => 'class="linkListing-even"');

} else {

$list_box_contents[] = array('params' => 'class="linkListing-odd"');

}

$cur_row = sizeof($list_box_contents) - 1;

$lc_align = '';

case 'LINK_LIST_TITLE':

$lc_align = '';

break;

case 'LINK_LIST_URL':

$lc_align = '';

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_get_links_url($listing['links_id']) . '" target="_blank">' . $listing['links_url'] . '</a>';

break;

$lc_align = '';

$lc_text = $listing['links_description'];

break;

case 'LINK_LIST_IMAGE':

$lc_align = 'center';

if (tep_not_null($listing['links_image_url'])) {

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_get_links_url($listing['links_id']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_links_image($listing['links_image_url'], $listing['links_title'], LINKS_IMAGE_WIDTH, LINKS_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';

} else {

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_get_links_url($listing['links_id']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pixel_trans.gif', $listing['links_title'], LINKS_IMAGE_WIDTH, LINKS_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'style="border: 3px double black"') . '</a>';

}

break;

case 'LINK_LIST_COUNT':

$lc_align = '';

$lc_text = $listing['links_clicked'];

break;

}

$list_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => $lc_align,

'params' => 'class="linkListing-data"',

'text' => $lc_text);

}

}

new linkListingBox($list_box_contents);

} else {

$list_box_contents[0] = array('params' => 'class="linkListing-odd"');

$list_box_contents[0][] = array('params' => 'class="linkListing-data"',

'text' => TEXT_NO_LINKS);

}

if ( ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ((PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '2') || (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3')) ) {

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo $listing_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_LINKS); ?></td>

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $listing_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

I do not know how you can get rid of columns but you can get rid of the table data lines in your css file just get rid of the borders attribute. I could not get my Title links to turn on and off through the admin panel however to make the Title a link do the following change:

<?php

/*

$Id: link_listing.php,v 1.00 2003/10/03 Exp $

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

*/

class linkListingBox extends tableBox {

function linkListingBox($contents) {

$this->table_parameters = 'class="linkListing"';

$this->tableBox($contents, true);

}

}

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'l.links_id');

if ( ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ( (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '1') || (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3') ) ) {

?>

<TD width="100%"> </TD>

</TR>

<tr>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

case 'LINK_LIST_TITLE':

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_LINKS_TITLE;

$lc_align = '';

break;

case 'LINK_LIST_URL':

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_LINKS_URL;

$lc_align = '';

break;

case 'LINK_LIST_IMAGE':

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_LINKS_IMAGE;

$lc_align = 'center';

break;

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_LINKS_DESCRIPTION;

$lc_align = 'center';

break;

case 'LINK_LIST_COUNT':

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_LINKS_COUNT;

$lc_align = '';

break;

}

if ($column_list[$col] != 'LINK_LIST_IMAGE') {

$lc_text = tep_create_sort_heading($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], $col+1, $lc_text);

}

$list_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => $lc_align,

'params' => 'class="linkListing-heading"',

'text' => ' ' . $lc_text . ' ');

}

if ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) {

$rows = 0;

$listing_query = tep_db_query($listing_split->sql_query);

while ($listing = tep_db_fetch_array($listing_query)) {

$rows++;

if (($rows/2) == floor($rows/2)) {

$list_box_contents[] = array('params' => 'class="linkListing-even"');

} else {

$list_box_contents[] = array('params' => 'class="linkListing-odd"');

}

$cur_row = sizeof($list_box_contents) - 1;

$lc_align = '';

case 'LINK_LIST_TITLE':

$lc_align = '';

/*

MAKE CHANGE HERE FOR TITLE TO BE A LINK

*/

$lc_text ='<a href="' . tep_get_links_url($listing['links_id']) . '" target="_blank">' . $listing['links_title'] . '</a>';

break;

case 'LINK_LIST_URL':

$lc_align = '';

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_get_links_url($listing['links_id']) . '" target="_blank">' . $listing['links_url'] . '</a>';

break;

$lc_align = '';

$lc_text = $listing['links_description'];

break;

case 'LINK_LIST_IMAGE':

$lc_align = 'center';

if (tep_not_null($listing['links_image_url'])) {

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_get_links_url($listing['links_id']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_links_image($listing['links_image_url'], $listing['links_title'], LINKS_IMAGE_WIDTH, LINKS_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';

} else {

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_get_links_url($listing['links_id']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pixel_trans.gif', $listing['links_title'], LINKS_IMAGE_WIDTH, LINKS_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'style="border: 3px double black"') . '</a>';

}

break;

case 'LINK_LIST_COUNT':

$lc_align = '';

$lc_text = $listing['links_clicked'];

break;

}

$list_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => $lc_align,

'params' => 'class="linkListing-data"',

'text' => $lc_text);

}

}

} else {

$list_box_contents[0] = array('params' => 'class="linkListing-odd"');

$list_box_contents[0][] = array('params' => 'class="linkListing-data"',

'text' => TEXT_NO_LINKS);

}

if ( ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ((PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '2') || (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3')) ) {

?>

<tr>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

Thanks movado, it worked :thumbsup:

for anyone wanting to do this replace your includes/modules/link_listing.php file with the file movado posted above.

I also went into the admin ->config -> links file and changed the Display url and took out the number.

I still have to ask though, :rolleyes: does anyone else have any ideas how to get the Name placed over the description?

thanks

There were questions asking how to get the Submit Link button at the top of the listing page. What I did was replace the page count and replaced it with a button. Code below.

on the includes/modules/link_listing.php page

replace this

?>

<TD width="100%"> </TD>

</TR>

<tr>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

with this

?>

<tr>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LINKS_SUBMIT, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_submit_link.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_SUBMIT_LINK) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table><TABLE border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" >

</TABLE>

<?php

}

Edited by oldworldcharms

There are three more things I would like to do with this page.

I would like to get rid of the table header. does anyone know how this can be done?

I would like to place a link under the website name

the other thing of course is to place the description under the the website name

thanks for your help

Elizabeth

i want to add this mod of link manager v1.09

in osC ms2.2 cvs version.

but somthing wrong in splitPageResults classes:

Can any body help me?

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY, 'l.links_id');
 //  ms2.2 cvs version splitPageResults but i donot know how change
//above code to the following code
 //$listing_split = new splitPageResults($HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY, $listing_sql, $listing_split_numrows);

e.ee.Signature is Gone with the wind...

Great contrib!!

Has anyone tried to put a category with in a category ? is this possible - kinda like the store categories i would like to have multiple categories in links manager.

Hi

Links manager installed but the 'links' and link categories' in admin give me this -

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select lc.link_categories_id, lc.link_categories_image, lc.link_categories_status, lc.link_categories_sort_order, lc.link_categories_date_added, lc.link_categories_last_modified, lcd.link_categories_name, lcd.link_categories_description from link_categories lc left join link_categories_description lcd on lc.link_categories_id = lcd.link_categories_id where lcd.language_id = '1' order by lc.link_categories_sort_order, lcd.link_categories_name limit -20, 20

I tried message 66 update to the database thinking it was a minus error, but i'm no programmer.

I did run the Mysql setup php file.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Paul

Hi

I've sorted it!!

I found it has to do with catalog|classes|split_page_results.php and the same file in admin. (not me, i found the answer in a bestseller contrib??

Solution to the problem described below is:

edit /includes/classes/split_page_results.php

find

$this->sql_query .= " limit " . $offset . ", " . $this->number_of_rows_per_page;

(line about 66)

insert before it

if($offset <0 ) $offset = 0;

the same in admin//includes/classes/split_page_results.php

do the same, but this time it's line about 38

Just in case you wanted to know :-)

Hi

Links manager installed but the 'links' and link categories' in admin give me this -

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select lc.link_categories_id, lc.link_categories_image, lc.link_categories_status, lc.link_categories_sort_order, lc.link_categories_date_added, lc.link_categories_last_modified, lcd.link_categories_name, lcd.link_categories_description from link_categories lc left join link_categories_description lcd on lc.link_categories_id = lcd.link_categories_id where lcd.language_id = '1' order by lc.link_categories_sort_order, lcd.link_categories_name limit -20, 20

I tried message 66 update to the database thinking it was a minus error, but i'm no programmer.

I did run the Mysql setup php file.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Paul