• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager v1.01, please help???

panzz

path should read http://thewebsite.com/links.php?lPath=2 try manually typing this in to the browser.

the path you supplied is more in line with serch friendly urls being enabled in the admin

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone please explain some of these configuration values to me prior to install?

For example ...

Display Link URL - 4

Display Link Title - 2

Display Link Description - 3

Display Link Click Count - 5

The description for these configuration options asks if you want to display them or not but they would seem like a display sort order considering that they are not simply 0 or 1 values (or Enable/Disable)??

Could someone please explain some of these configuration values to me prior to install?

For example ...

Display Link URL - 4

Display Link Title - 2

Display Link Description - 3

Display Link Click Count - 5

The description for these configuration options asks if you want to display them or not but they would seem like a display sort order considering that they are not simply 0 or 1 values (or Enable/Disable)??

nm, I referred back to some standard osC options and answered my own question. :)

Hi Hope someone can clarify this for me.

I am using links manager and have had a link exchange turned down on the basis that the link I provide via link manager is not a direct link but a redirect link. The person says that Google do not give credit for redirect links.

Is this correct and does this mean I am going to have problems exchanging links with other sites because of this?

Thanks

Terry

Hi

I now know what the guy is on about all outbound links are using redirect php.

Anyone know how I find out if this is a 301 or 302 redirect. Apparently 301 is ok 302 is not.

Thanks

Terry

I cannot run the setup without having register_globals turned on in php.ini, according to the error message I am receiving. Does anyone know how the code needs to be changed so that it will work with register_globals off?

Thanks,

Stretchr

"It's a small world...

But I wouldn't want to paint it!"

Stephen Wright

• 2 weeks later...

This is for Terry re the links manager's redirect - allegedly it is spider friendly, but I can't verify this yet as I've only just installed it. The redirect is disabled if a spider bot (manually defined in spiders.txt) is cataloging the site - the bot sees the direct link to the partner, all other guests see a redirect.

The redirect is there because the system has a counter on it which requires interation with the site's database prior to forwarding th user to the link partner.

You are going to find that some people won't accept this because they don't believe you ... if your main links partners don't like it - then should be an easy fix which I'm going to look at in a minute and post when its sorted ... but the counter will not work any more.

I'll get back to the forum in a couple of days

Stuart

• 3 months later...

Hi there, im having the same trouble with not being able to approve my links, how do i fix it? Im using danish as my language! Where do i fix it? Didn't quit understand the thing you said about tables, can you describe how to do it and where?

I tried changing the value in PHPMyAdmin under language id to 2 instead of 1, but it doesn't help!

please help me here ;)

Klaus Vers

Is there a way to have the acutal site name in the lsiting be the link? Sometimes, the links themselves turn out to be very long, so I would like to be able to NOT display the actual link and just have the sites name.

Also, where can I change the way the links display on the links page?

Howard

• 1 month later...
In the admin on the left hand side under Links Manager there should be

Links

Links Categories

Links Contact

Select Links you should see the link, select edit and at the bottom of the section that has just opened you will see Options with Status as a pull down menu, select Approved and then click the button update, this will set the link as approved so that it will show up in the catalog

I don't see any links option on the main page either, in "my configuration" i have a "Links" option, but there is no edit/approve option there... I think that I am missing file... I tried to go directly to http://mysite.com/admin/link_categories.php

and got an error, I can go directly to http://mysite.com/admin/links_contact.php

is there a direct link to approve or edit? Cause I am missing any edit/approve option.

Just wondering if anyone is still using or supporting this Links Manager v1.01? I say that cause I haven't seen any late (past '03) updates or tweaks.

It seems like an awesome contribution. Maybe it would help stir some interest if some of the screenshot sites (in the download area) would actually still be up and running <_<

Here's my working demo: go-kart links

Well I have tweaked mine a bit (html wise) but I'm not that good at php yet. I do have a wish list that would take this contrib over the edge however... (phpers please come in!)

[admin]

__search box for existing links that searchs just the links DB (both admin side and user side) Really needed when a link partner visits site looking for his/her link.

__button to show links that need to be Approved (pending new submits)

__email admin when a new pending link is submitted (switchable)

__button to show what links are currently Disabled

__ability to display links by date (as oldest first or newest first) added and also as (current) alphabetically

__ability to change the number of links as displayed per page

__ability to change how links open (in new or existing window)

__ability to show picture links in Category or not.

__subcategories? hmmm.. not a biggie but would be nice.

__ability to easily edit outgoing emails thru interface

__button for spidering all active link partners to check reciprocation

__button for spidering inactive partners (hey, they might have your link back up?)

__date or frequecy field for automatic "send out" spidering. my old proggie did this with crons but I don't think you need to for simplicity (some sql dbs don't even have a crons job)

[user]

__Link count on Categories i.e.

Automotive ( 36 ) Arts ( 14 ) Business ( 116 ) etc...

__site title linked as anchor text (actual link) and maybe switchable in admin as only the sites picture or the actual url is a link.

__mouseover script the displays actual link in browser instead of redirect link (I've seen this with other php link proggies).

__date added on link listing, maybe a small dim italic font? (switchable in admin)

__reciprocal link details on link submit page (admin interface should configure) my crappy makeshift example: HERE

__display botton (or someway) to show top sites (outgoing clicks) maybe a top 10 list

__same as above but for a list of new link additions (newest 5?)

Well like i said it is a wish list, I have more ideas but these were some needed favorites. I Hope we can stir up some major interest. BY THE WAY... my site was a PR3 before doing a link program, it is now PR5 and going forward! My search engine results have improved dramtically as a result also. I would also recommend to anyone (if they don't have conflicts with another index page) by putting their shop in "root" and not in catalog/. Why? simple, it is one more tier a SE will index so your search depth is improved 1 tier!

Cheers! Hope to hear some FB.

KJ Miller

define('PROJECTS', 'Something that goes on forever!');

• 5 weeks later...
Just wondering if anyone is still using or supporting this Links Manager v1.01? I say that cause I haven't seen any late (past '03) updates or tweaks.

It seems like an awesome contribution. Maybe it would help stir some interest if some of the screenshot sites (in the download area) would actually still be up and running <_<

Here's my working demo: go-kart links

Well I have tweaked mine a bit (html wise) but I'm not that good at php yet. I do have a wish list that would take this contrib over the edge however... (phpers please come in!)

[admin]

__search box for existing links that searchs just the links DB (both admin side and user side) Really needed when a link partner visits site looking for his/her link.

__button to show links that need to be Approved (pending new submits)

__email admin when a new pending link is submitted (switchable)

__button to show what links are currently Disabled

__ability to display links by date (as oldest first or newest first) added and also as (current) alphabetically

__ability to change the number of links as displayed per page

__ability to change how links open (in new or existing window)

__ability to show picture links in Category or not.

__subcategories? hmmm.. not a biggie but would be nice.

__ability to easily edit outgoing emails thru interface

__button for spidering all active link partners to check reciprocation

__button for spidering inactive partners (hey, they might have your link back up?)

__date or frequecy field for automatic "send out" spidering. my old proggie did this with crons but I don't think you need to for simplicity (some sql dbs don't even have a crons job)

[user]

__Link count on Categories  i.e.

Automotive ( 36 )  Arts ( 14 )  Business ( 116 ) etc...

__site title linked as anchor text (actual link) and maybe switchable in admin as only the sites picture or the actual url is a link.

__mouseover script the displays actual link in browser instead of redirect link (I've seen this with other php link proggies).

__date added on link listing, maybe a small dim italic font? (switchable in admin)

__reciprocal link details on link submit page (admin interface should configure) my crappy makeshift example: HERE

__display botton (or someway) to show top sites (outgoing clicks) maybe a top 10 list

__same as above but for a list of new link additions (newest 5?)

Well like i said it is a wish list, I have more ideas but these were some needed favorites. I Hope we can stir up some major interest. BY THE WAY... my site was a PR3 before doing a link program, it is now PR5 and going forward! My search engine results have improved dramtically as a result also. I would also recommend to anyone (if they don't have conflicts with another index page) by putting their shop in "root" and not in catalog/. Why? simple, it is one more tier a SE will index so your search depth is improved 1 tier!

Cheers! Hope to hear some FB.

KJ Miller

I really like this contribution, too and these are GREAT suggestions - now if we could just find someone good at php code...

Brian Neuman

Greetings - I also need help with this contribution. BTW it works perfectly the first time out of the box. Why don't all contribs work this way :) Anyway - The problem I am having IS NOT the Article Manager, it is the EXTRA PAGES contrib which has seemingly lost its support and has more than a very annoying bugs. I implemented this on a clients site so that they can rich edit things without having to sift through code. BUT the problem I am having now is trying to figure out how we can put the LINKING contrib into this contrib. I have tried placing it all over the place but I guess I am not good enough with php to figure it out. SO , I'm going to past the code where it should be place and hopefully someone can figure it out...

<?php
/*
 $Id: info_pages.php,v 1.21 2003/06/09 22:07:52 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

$page_query = tep_db_query("select pages_id, pages_title, pages_html_text, sort_order, status,intorext,externallink,link_target  from " . TABLE_PAGES . " where status = 1 and sort_order >0 order by sort_order, pages_title");

?>
<!-- info_pages //-->
         <tr>
           <td>
<?php

$info_box_contents = array();
   $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_PAGES);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$rows = 0;
   $page_list = '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">';

while ($page = tep_db_fetch_array($page_query)) {
     $rows++;

$target="";
if($page['link_target']== 1)  {
$target="_blank";
}

if($page['pages_title'] != 'Contact Us'){

$link = FILENAME_PAGES . '?pages_id=' . $page['pages_id'];

}else{

$link = FILENAME_CONTACT_US;

}

if($page['intorext'] == 1)  {
$page_list .= '<tr><td class="infoBoxContents"><a target="'.$target.'" href="' . $page['externallink'] . '">' . $page['pages_title'] . '</a></td></tr>';
}
else {
     $page_list .= '<tr><td class="infoBoxContents"><a target="'.$target.'" href="' . tep_href_link($link) . '">' . $page['pages_title'] . '</a></td></tr>';
}
   }

$page_list .= '</table>';

$info_box_contents = array();
   $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => $page_list);

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>

</td>
         </tr>
<!-- info_pages_eof //-->

Ok , now when you click on a link...they dont even goto the page..it just does some funky redirect thing and gives a page could not be found. ANd the links are listed in a REALLY horrible looking fashion...

I highly recommend against this contribution - unless you are desperate, use it until something else comes out or someone improves on the version dated around the time of this post.

S

• 2 months later...
do you have the ls_status table in your database with the following entries

links_status_id  language_id  links_status_name 

1                    1                Pending

2                    1                Approved

3                    1                Disabled

do you have the ls_status table in your database with the following entries

oder f?r Sie

Schwebend

Anerkannt

Untauglich

Hello.

How can I add the table with the status, since my admin shows only blank status.

Thank you. Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having issues with this contrib. (which is great once I get it going)

#1 - "Link Check Result: Error Reading URL" What does that mean and how can I fix it.

Link it was checking: http://www.audibleexperience.com/links/music.html

#2 - Pics not showing up on catalogue side. They show up in the admin side, but when you look at them on catalogue side there's nothing.

http://midwestweb.info/sean/links.php?lPath=4

Any ideas?

__search box for existing links that searchs just the links DB (both admin side and
I uploaded an update that includes a search function for the shop side.

NOTE: I used version 1.01 to make the changes since the other uploads were not integrated into the contribution properly and I didn't want to risk redoing the work of those people and making things worse. If you just want to update whatever version you have, I only changed the catalog/links.php and catalog/includes/languages/english/links.php files.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I uploaded a new version. I added a drop down list to select which type of link is displayed in admin and a new count value to controll how many links are displayed on the page. To use this, you will either have to update your database with the included file, which will cause a loss of data, or add a new field into the database manually. If you do this, set the sort order to 15 and the configuration_group_id to whatever your current id is for the links.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons