• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How Did You Hear About Us - Support

I just dont get what i am supposed to do. I installed the contrib right finally haha....  but it works now and you can use the "how did you hear about is" the ONLY problem is that error that won't let me into the ADMIN area. I can't add items, I can't do anything :( :(  i can't check the cart to see if it has the correct acccess to it... cuz i can't get into the admin, is there a file i can add in my FTP or something? I dont know...im new at this and have no idea relaly how PHP works etc  :'(  :'(

Again...

If that file IS (navigation_history.php) in the correct folder on the server (admin/includes/classes/navigation_history.php), then check its permissions through your FTP program. Some FTP programs call permissions CHMOD.

Make sure the cart has the correct access to it. Like the error is telling you, it can not find it or it is not there.

ALSO, I just checked my store and navigation_history.php is actually in my catalog/includes/classes/ folder, NOT in my admin/includes/classes/ folder.

Therefore, there should NOT be a line in my admin/includes/application_top.php calling that file.

It looks like you may have uploaded application_top.php into the wrong folder.

You should have 2 application_top.php files. One in the catalog/includes/classes/ folder and one in the admin/includes/classes/ folder.

It seems that you have the catalog one uploaded into the admin. That would explain your errors when trying to get into your Admin.

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really apreciate all of your help. You are right. I did it wrong.

What I think it is wrong is I see that the version on oscommerce is a new version is a catalog section. But the version i have *i have no idea which one it is* but, it doesnt have that "catalog section" it must be an older version because i just downloaded it from my cpanel, it was under my "fantastico" it came with my host. So i dont have the latest oscommerce.

Your right i have it in the wrong folder and i have it all messed up. Ugh what a mess, this is a mess...i really need my store up but just don't know what to do... Do you want me to PM you?

Is there any way that i could give you my password and you could help me out? If not its okay...do you know if there are team members here that can do that? I dont really know what to do i could reinstall a brand new one but I have put so much work into the one i already did it would be a shame.

Thanks again for all of your help, your exactly right i have it all messed up in the wrong folders :( :( ahh ya ya. LOL What should I do?

Thank you so much for putting up with my ignorance to this program! Very nice and helpful!

Again...

If that file IS (navigation_history.php) in the correct folder on the server (admin/includes/classes/navigation_history.php), then check its permissions through your FTP program. Some FTP programs call permissions CHMOD.

Make sure the cart has the correct access to it. Like the error is telling you, it can not find it or it is not there.

ALSO, I just checked my store and navigation_history.php is actually in my catalog/includes/classes/ folder, NOT in my admin/includes/classes/ folder.

Therefore, there should NOT be a line in my admin/includes/application_top.php calling that file.

It looks like you may have uploaded application_top.php into the wrong folder.

You should have 2 application_top.php files. One in the catalog/includes/classes/ folder and one in the  admin/includes/classes/ folder.

It seems that you have the catalog one uploaded into the admin. That would explain your errors when trying to get into your Admin.

I really apreciate all of your help.  You are right. I did it wrong.

What I think it is wrong is I see that the version on oscommerce is a new version is a catalog section. But the version i have *i have no idea which one it is* but, it doesnt have that "catalog section" it must be an older version because i just downloaded it from my cpanel, it was under my "fantastico" it came with my host. So i dont have the latest oscommerce.

Your right i have it in the wrong folder and i have it all messed up. Ugh what a mess, this is a mess...i really need my store up but just don't know what to do... Do you want me to PM you?

Is there any way that i could give you my password and you could help me out? If not its okay...do you know if there are team members here that can do that? I dont really know what to do i could reinstall a brand new one but I have put so much work into the one i already did it would be a shame.

Thanks again for all of your help, your exactly right i have it all messed up in the wrong folders :( :( ahh ya ya. LOL What should I do?

Thank you so much for putting up with my ignorance to this program! Very nice and helpful!

Sorry, can't help you. I just don't have the time. All you have to do is upload the correct files to the correct folders. If you can not get it because you never copied the cart to your computer then you will have to uninstall it from the C-Panel and install it again or install a version off the osC site yourself manually.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have been working on this contribution and have a few problems. The first problem is that in the Instructions.txt file it says:

New Files to upload:

You will find them after extracting in:

Upload Files\If modifying Files-only NEW Files\

catalog\admin\referrals.php

catalog\admin\stats_referral_sources.php

catalog\admin\includes\languages\english\referrals.php

catalog\admin\includes\languages\english\stats_referral_sources.php

The package I downloaded did not contain the file catalog\admin\includes\languages\english\stats_referral_sources.php

Is this file necessary? If so where can I get it?

The next problem I encountered occured when editing the php files per the directions. I made all the required changes(using Dreamweaver MX) and uploaded to the server via Dreamweaver. Then when I went to my site I would get an error that said. "Parse Error: unexpected $ on line 314 in catalog\includes\functions\html_ouput.php" or at least very close to that. I verified that I inserted the code correctly into the file. I made sure all the braces were properly matched up. After some research I found that I had to reformat the lines. All I did was remove blank lines from the section that was inserted into catalog\includes\functions\html_ouput.php

Now the site works without the Parse Error. This brings me to my final problem. Now when you try to register, at the bottom of the page in the Referral Source box I get the following error: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_source_list() in /home/advanced/www/www/catalog/create_account.php on line 521" I coppied and pasted the code from the instructions to the location specified.

My code looks like this on line 21 in /catalog/create_account.php .

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_get_source_list('source', (DISPLAY_REFERRAL_OTHER == 'true' || (tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && tep_not_null($referral_id)) ? true : false), (tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && tep_not_null($referral_id)) ? '9999' : '') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_SOURCE_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_SOURCE_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>

The entire section of pasted code in /catalog/create_account.php looks like this.

<!-- //rmh referral start -->
<?php
 if ((tep_not_null(tep_get_sources()) || DISPLAY_REFERRAL_OTHER == 'true') && (!tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') || (tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && DISPLAY_REFERRAL_SOURCE == 'true')) ) {
?>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="main"><b><?php echo CATEGORY_SOURCE; ?></b></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
         <tr class="infoBoxContents">
           <td><table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
               <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_SOURCE; ?></td>
               <td class="main"><?php echo tep_get_source_list('source', (DISPLAY_REFERRAL_OTHER == 'true' || (tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && tep_not_null($referral_id)) ? true : false), (tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && tep_not_null($referral_id)) ? '9999' : '') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_SOURCE_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_SOURCE_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
             </tr>
<?php
   if (DISPLAY_REFERRAL_OTHER == 'true' || (tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && tep_not_null($referral_id))) {
?>
             <tr>
               <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_SOURCE_OTHER; ?></td>
               <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('source_other', (tep_not_null($referral_id) ? $referral_id : '')) . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_SOURCE_OTHER_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_SOURCE_OTHER_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
             </tr>
<?php
   }
?>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
<?php
 } else if (DISPLAY_REFERRAL_SOURCE == 'false') {
     echo tep_draw_hidden_field('source', ((tep_session_is_registered('referral_id') && tep_not_null($referral_id)) ? '9999' : '')) . tep_draw_hidden_field('source_other', (tep_not_null($referral_id) ? $referral_id : ''));
 }
?>
     <!-- //rmh referral end -->

Does this problem have anything to do with the missing file or the Parse Error I was getting in the catalog\includes\functions\html_ouput.php file? I have also double checked to make sure everything was put in the correct location in each of the files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Well I was finally able to figure it out on my own. I ended up getting a new copy of the catalog\includes\functions\html_ouput.php from the original OSC install and reperformed the cutting and pasting of code in that file. I did not get the Parse Error this time, and everything seems to be working good on it. I am still not sure what caused the Parse Error, because the 2 files looked identical. ;)

From reading the last several posts (and not yet being familiar with the complete contrib), 2 observations might be helpful:

1) It is useful to use a good syntax-highlighting editor to perform code changes. Using Notepad, Wordpad, etc will work, but using Crimson Editor (free), ConTEXT (free), or many other syntax-highlighting editors are MUCH easier. Why? Because when displaying your .PHP files, they automatically put PHP commands in a different color than HTML, which is in a different color than commented lines, etc. With Notepad / Wordpad or any other non-syntax highlighting editor, all the text is the same color.

Many of these editors will also display the line number before each line. This is especially useful when trying to find errors that refer to specific lines. Note that the error is not always _caused_ the code on that line, it's just that the PHP server module _noticed_ an error when trying to execute that line. Often the actual error is a few lines above.

2) Tools like WinMerge (also free) are good to find differences between text files. Whether it's a "file1 works why doesn't file 2?" problem, or a "what did I just change" problem, you can compare 2 files and very easily see (and change) the differences in these files.

-jared

Hi there.. love the contrib. However, I'm having an issue accessing the admin backend files through customer (referrals.php) and reports (stats_referral_sources.php).

I get an 'Access Denied' error with both....

My FTP s/w changed the permissions of all the contrib files but I have reset them (even to 777 to try and get round this issue).

Any suggestions where I should look next? The frontend is collecting the referral entries and they are in the DB. Could the DB table have access rights?

Any help appreciated....

Thanx in advance,

Jon

PS Yes.. I have put the definitions in filenames.php as follows

define('FILENAME_REFERRALS', 'referrals.php'); //rmh referrals
   define('FILENAME_STATS_REFERRAL_SOURCES', 'stats_referral_sources.php'); //rmh referrals

Jon D, do you have any other contributions installed, such as administrators for admin, perhaps?

Hi Zilla...thx for reply!

Think you're suggestion is pointing me in the right direction. Not exactly sure what contribs are installed (I inherited the installation). However, it is a webmakers enhancement... here's the (possibly incomplete) webmakers contrib list

It seems to have an admin boxes contribution installed, I'm not sure exactly which one. The boxes/customer & reports code is different than the vanilla MS2, see below. I've tried both your suggested alink (gives Access Denied No Right Permission Access ) and the tep_admin_files_boxes 'style' link (doesnt even show the link in the customer admin box.)

// '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CUSTOMERS_CUSTOMERS . '</a><br>' .
//'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CUSTOMERS_ORDERS . '</a>'); 

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, BOX_CUSTOMERS_CUSTOMERS) .
tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_ORDERS, BOX_CUSTOMERS_ORDERS) .
// tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_REFERRALS, BOX_CUSTOMERS_REFERRALS));  //rmh referrals  I TRIED THIS 1ST
'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REFERRALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CUSTOMERS_REFERRALS . '</a>'); //rmh referrals

I'm searching the forums now, but thought I'd post this just in case you've encountered this b4. (Fingers crossed!)

THX,

Jon

Ok it was the admin boxes contrib and all I needed to do was add the files into the file access list. Doh!

For those as slow as me that have this problem.....

In -administrators - file access- click on the customers folder (twice). Then select the referral.php file from the drop down box and save

Do the same for the report/stats_referral_sources.php

Bingo.

:blush:

Thx again Zilla.... sorry for reducing the lifespan of your keyboard. (You did get me thinking outside the admin boxes tho!)

Hi,

This is such a useful contribution well done.

I am just having a bit of a problem with the create account process.

The form is simply not putting ANY info into the database when creating a new account

There are no errors on either side and the when you get to the payment screen there are no address or details.

I am getting blank orders through

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Zeb

Actually having checked the database itself, it seems like no customer details are being entered at all not even a blank line

thanks

Zeb

How can you save this info into the Edit Customer page inside the Admin. Some customers choose the wrong thing and I have to edit it in the database manually. That is a pain in my ^%#&*

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

This is a very useful contribution and all seems okay on the catalog side.

However in the admin pages (both of them) I always get a session error like this:

Warning: session_start(): open(/data/members/paid/d/a/dagames.co.uk/[PATH_TO_SESSION_FILE_HERE], O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /data/members/paid/d/a/dagames.co.uk/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /data/members/paid/d/a/dagames.co.uk/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /data/members/paid/d/a/dagames.co.uk/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

That particular line is just the session_start() call. When I've had this problem before it's normally because the file owner isn't the webmaster, but that's not the case this time. It only happens on the admin pages for this contrib. :huh:

Any help will be much appreciated.

if you are getting open failed errors and permission denied errors.. chances are that it is a file permissions problem and/or path problem. I can assure you that the code on the admin side of things wouldn't give you open & permission errors. The "headers already sent" error could be a number of different things.. a blank space or carriage return after the closing php bracket of a file for one.

My advice would be to double check your installation & file/directory permissions.

Hi,

This is such a useful contribution well done.

I am just having a bit of a problem with the create account process.

The form is simply not putting ANY info into the database when creating a new account

There are no errors on either side and the when you get to the payment screen  there are no address or details.

I am getting blank orders through

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Zeb

Anyone have any ideas about the above?

Hi Hobbzilla,

thanks for replying, I have just found the error, it was a line that got commented out during copying and pasting on parse / sesssion. The site is heavily modfied. All seems to be working now

thanks very much

Zeb

• 2 weeks later...

Great contribution, thank you, MUST HAVE! But... why nobody even think adding same Ref. sources to orders.php ?

Isn?t it helpful to see where REAL customer came from? It is taking 2 much time jumping between orders.php and customers.php to compare where did they come from.

Plus it would be nice to have ability to check monthly or yearly how much sales did I get from each source

Please forgive me but for the life of me I can't remember where I need to define the admin heading titles (I had done it to other heading titles in other contribs ages ago).

As when I am in administration and go to reports - referral sources I get the following show up instead of proper title names:

HEADING_TITLE

TABLE_HEADING_NUMBER

TABLE_HEADING_REFERRALS

TABLE_HEADING_VIEWED

Obviously I missed something in the files but can't find out where or what.

Sorry to be so blonde

Karen

If at first you don't succeed, GIVE UP!!!!!!

Please forgive me but for the life of me I can't remember where I need to define the admin heading titles (I had done it to other heading titles in other contribs ages ago).

As when I am in administration and go to reports - referral sources I get the following show up instead of proper title names:

HEADING_TITLE

TABLE_HEADING_NUMBER   

TABLE_HEADING_REFERRALS   

TABLE_HEADING_VIEWED

Obviously I missed something in the files but can't find out where or what.

Sorry to be so blonde

Karen

Problem sorted....

There was a file missing from the "IF MODIFYING ONLY" files <_< . I downloaded it from the "IF ON CLEAN" files instead.

Karen

If at first you don't succeed, GIVE UP!!!!!!