• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't get any bars, borders, graphics etc

murph

Can anyone please check this link and tell me what the deal is with the images? I have all images, icons, graphs etc folders to 777. Do you have to go into the folders and change permissions on every single image or something? Where do you find all the default page borders and boxes etc? I've been doing this now for days and am about to totally lose it!!!

http://server21.integrityserver.net/~murph6/oscommerce/

Also I really just can't figure how and where to select a page background and color scheme. I've been in the stylesheet but just don't know what to do. Thanks for any help!

Murph, im new at this too but I did the same thing as you.

You need to re install all the files but this time upload the Catalog one and its contents....I am guessing you have uploaded the oscommerce-2.2ms2 file whicj is what i did.

TO fix it delete everything and upload the catalog file ( inside oscommerce-2.2ms2)

Than you will have to run the install.

tmcintosh thanks for the reply. I installed this thru fantastico. Did you have the exact same problem? Do I have to UNinstall everything first or just reupload the catalog folder? I really am confused here! Oh and if I have to uninstall - how do I do that exactly? Just go into my ftp and delete the whole folder in my root directory?

you need to upload the "catalog" folder onto your domainname so it should look like this

www.yourdomainname.com/catalog

You can upload the catalog folder first as it will be in a different place than you will be able to see if it works or not....if it does work than you can delete your other folder and yes just delete the whole folder.

I think I had the exact same problem. This will fix it. Try uploading just the catalog folder and i bet it works :)

Let me know how you go I'll be on for a bit to help ya

I'm going to try that right now, thanks. Question......do I also upload the "extras" folder from the osc download folder? Or just the catalog folder? Then when I am done uploading...what do I do? How do I install? Last time it was all done automatically with fantastico. And so if it is uploaded correctly then I should automatically see a default page with some colors and graphics and buttons etc??? Thanks for the help!!

Just the Catalog one don't worry about the extras for now you don't need it....it just contains files or pictures that you may want to use.

Not sure about the fantasico program you are using but i guess if it installs it for you than great.

I had to run the catalog\install\install.php file in order to install it.

You did not read the directions on the install with Fantastico. You can NOT install osCommerce to the folder you used, it HAS to be (i.e)www/domainname/osCommerce

NOT a sub-level directory like you have done.

http://server21.integrityserver.net/~murph6/oscommerce/ is wrong.

http://server21.integrityserver.net/oscommerce would be the correct installation directory.

You have to have root access to the server to do this.

Just as an experiment I installed osCommerce on a site I am doing... the installation was flawless.

http://www.roofguyz.com/osCommerce

"When everything becomes idiot proof, only idiots will be able to make it work"

Couldnt edit my post, but uninstall it through Fantastico. Just deleting the folder is only half the battle, you need to remove the tables from the database as well.

"When everything becomes idiot proof, only idiots will be able to make it work"

Thanks for the help so far....got the default setup and it looks correct. NOW new problem:

I have uploaded my logo to the images file in both the includes and the admin folder and have replaced the text in the languages/english/header file. The oscommerce logo is gone but mine just shows up as a box with a red x. The really weird thing is that when I check thru ftp I see the image as being in the folders but when I am using my file manager it is NOT there in the images lists! What's the deal with that?

Also can I get rid of the big oscommerce logo at the bottom of the page and just leave the "powered by...." text? If so, how do I do this?

Also is this weird and a problem? When I am editing thru my file manager the root directory is public_html but in my ftp when I log onto the site it is httpdocs???? Is this the problem? If so, how do I fix it? Thanks!!!

Oops, couldn't edit that message...

found out how to get rid of the large banner at the bottom.

Still can't get my logo image up.

have changed the background color but was wondering how do I change the bars and border of the various boxes etc? What are they called in the stylesheet? right now they are all grey. Thanks again!

Archived