• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

adding categories and products !!!

sinryder

hello guys , is there an easy way to add categories and products to my store , right now i am adding products through my admin > catalog > and then add Categories / Products but its takes for ever to add a product.

hello ryan , thx for the speedy reply . ihave downloaded the file and extracted it , i see 2 folders " catalog " and " Docs " and 4 .txt files . can you plz tell me where do i upload them , and is there a help file for this that can walk me through it step by step. i am new to all this and not sure whats going on.

thankx

hello again , well i did found the readme file and i have installed the file .

the only thing i dont get it is these 2 steps

4. Create a directory called catalog/temp, (see below if your catalog isn't in a 'catalog' directory) and that it's permissions are set to allow writes to that directory, that would be 777 or rwxrwxrwx (in shell access - while you're in the catalog directory, execute "chmod 777 temp").

If you have changed the directory structure of your OSC install (i.e. you don't have /catalog/temp/ in your document root anymore), then you'll need to go into easypopulate.php and change the setting of "$tempdir". It is located right after the version history.

5. Open easypopulate.php and read the section marked "Configuration Variables".

Hey sorry i didnt see your msg's, I was helping another person out with there site. If you need anymore help let me know.

Archived