• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Estimator

remmeer

I have the Shipping Estimator set to true to display shipping costs below the shopping cart. Although the Shipping Options window appears with the number of item, weight, country selection and zip code field, it does not calculate the shipping cost.

There is no shipping option to select. However, may not be a problem because I have enabled only USPS. So, it may not display an option if there is only one carrier. Correct?

Nonetheless, there is no means to calculate the cost. I think that there should be a calculate button or something for the visitor to click after he has entered his zip code.

Under the "Store Address and Phone" field of the "My Store" page of the control panel, I have entered my address, including zip code. Since this is a general text box, and not a specific zip code field, it seems unlikely that the zip code can be pulled from there to be used in shipping calculations. However, I cannot find another field to enter my zip code. Is there another zip code field which is used for shipping cost calculations?

In the Shipping Module, I have enabled USPS, entered my user name and password for my USPS account. I have deslected "display weight" but the weight still appears in the Shipping Options box that the customer sees.

What do I need to do or check so that the Shipping Estimator displays shipping costs?

Archived