• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Importing Database

pym

I would like to know if I can import my database from excel and if so how does one do this? What layout must the excel file be in i.e. what goes into which column and what format must the file be save as e.g. CSV? Will I also be able to import the pictures at the same time or can this be done seperatley at a later stage?

Use Easy Populate to uplaod a CSV file - http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...h,easy+populate

You can use it to download the current database and use that to see what order the columns are in.

You can use it top upload the image filename (eg: /images/a.gif) but you will need to upload the images another way - either FTP them or use the File Manager in Admin

search the contributions for easy populate. read it, install it, play with it, etc. once you have installed it, download the current product file to your system via the easy popoulate interface. make sure you read the documentation which comes with easy populate.

then, if you have more questions, to get some skilled people who use EP, go to the Contribution Support area, and find the thread on EP, it is at least 10 pages long, lots to read in there. if you have one you need to post, go to the end of the thread and then 'Add Reply' as there are lots who have that thread marked for whenever someone makes a post in the thread.

Archived