• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Gender?

remmeer

Can I alter or remove fields from the form where customers set up or modify an account?

I would like to remove the "Gender" field? It is listed as a required field. I don't want to require customers to enter this field. Can I remove it? Is there a certain procedure to remove a required field?

As above, Gender requirement can be disabled in Admin CP. For requirements that can't be turned off in the Admin CP, just open /catalog/create_account.php (and account_edit.php) and comment out the code for the error. For example, for country ...

Change ...

if (is_numeric($country) == false) {
     $error = true;

to

/*    if (is_numeric($country) == false) {
     $error = true;*/

All the others look pretty such the same. You would also have to change the ENTRY text in the language file(s).

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! :D I was able to find and turn off the fields I didn't want to require or ask for (gender, company, birth date).

I noticed that their is only one line for street address. So, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to change "Suburb" to "Street Address 2." I never heard of anyone entering their suburb but I have seen people use two lines to provide their address. Do you think that is a wise move to change Suburb to Street Address 2?

Thanks.

I noticed that their is only one line for street address. So, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to change "Suburb" to "Street Address 2." I never heard of anyone entering their suburb but I have seen people use two lines to provide their address. Do you think that is a wise move to change Suburb to Street Address 2?

Thanks.

Now that you mention it, yes. :) I assume that is sued in other countries, but certainly not in the US. ;)

Archived