• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Zones

MysticBlues

Okay, I have set up two different shipping modules. One for continental USA, and the other for Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, and US Virgin Islands.

I do not understand at all how to set the zones so each module applies to respective areas.

Any and all help here (as simplified as possible) would be appreciated mucho!

Thanks

I will try to make this as simple as possible:

In the zone rate shipping you are required to edit the following criteria:

For instance I would like to create a shipping zone for the US and Hawaii lets say.

The zone rates are a bracketed system, i.e.

Shipping rates to Zone 1 destinations based on a group of maximum order weights. Example: 3:8.50,7:10.50,... Weights less than or equal to 3 would cost 8.50 for Zone 1 destinations.

So the 3 to 6.99 lbs at $8.50, the next bracket is 7 pounds to whatever your next bracket is for $10.50 and so on. Also you have the ability to add a handling fee which may be for extra postage, special packaging, insurance etc. etc.

I hope this helps.

JM

Always remember, we need patience, guidance and most of all understanding.

My Contributions

I guess I wasn't very clear in my post. Sorry. I have 2 shipping methods set up. 1 is flat rate for contential USA, the other is a table rate, and set up similarly to what you described except based on price not weight. Where it says select zone in admin I only have 2 choices: none and Florida. It's the setting up of the zones that I don't have a clue about ;o(

Here is the steps to set up the zones for your cart.:

1- go to your admin section and click on location/taxes. Find the zones that you want to add to your zones rates.

2- Under the same directory click on the tax zones and click insert. This will prompt you to add a new zone and a description for that zone. Use the zone name found under your zones directory.

JM

Always remember, we need patience, guidance and most of all understanding.

My Contributions

Archived