• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Meta Tags????

I do not understand php very well but i know a little. I am use exactseek search engine submission tool and it is telling me to implement new meta tags.

Here is what it tells me to add:

<Title>Stamina Systems - Professional, Audio, Video</Title>
<META Name="revisit-after" Content="30 Days">
<META Name="Description" Content="The Premiere Source for All of Your Audio/Visual Needs. FREE SHIPPING IN THE GREATER DENVER METRO AREA!!! CALL OR EMAIL NOW FOR SPECIALS!!!! Amps, speakers, mics, headphones, consoles, processing! Only the best of the best! STAMINA means only the highest quality at the best prices.">
<META Name="Keywords" Content="www.staminaproductions.com/staminashop, jbl, crown, dbx, sennheiser, audio, video, speakers, amplifiers, microphones, headphones, equalizer, EQ, mic, mics, bag end, driverack, pa, sound, system, qsc, mixing, consoles, soundcraft, spirit,">
<META Name="Author" Content="Henry Schueller">

Where should I add this?

I still dont understand what i should be doing. Im very much a beginner at this so forgive me if i dont understand right away.

Assuming you are using the english language:

1. Download all your files to your pc and make an extra copy for safe keeping.

2. Goto includes/languages/english.php

3. Edit the line that looks like this:

define('TITLE', 'osCommerce');

Put your title in the quotes.

4. Goto the catalog directory and look at the code on each page.

5. Find where the meta tags are and add yours.

You will need an editor to do this. Any text editor will do fine (notepad).

6. Read the Documentation

This will help you. If you do not have a good understanding of PHP or HTML I would recommend getting a book. Making modifications to osCommerce is not for the faint at heart. I would highly recommend making a copy of it on your pc and taking a look at the code. Search the forums for questions you may have. Most questions have already been answered here. If you still can not find an answer then ask. Give as much detail as you can when you ask a question it will reduce the wait to the final answer.

Good Luck!

Archived