• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help please,my host has gone bust

connor

Hi everybody,i am in real trouble,I've spent 3 months developing my site and now the host has disappeared of the face of the earth,is there any way possible that I

can get back my site,or do I have to go through the motions ofsetting it all up again,any help would be greatly appreciated.

surely the person who uploaded it will have the files on his/her computer?

they must have been uploaded FROM somewhere? and been modified somewhere?

if so, get hold of these and get yourself a new hosting company :D

if not - then im afraid it is time to panic....

always here to offer some useless advice....

what was the name of the host? May be we can help you get things back. Chances are, if you you nor anyone has any copies on your computers, then you have to start over. If you need help finding a host let me know.

Thanks everyone

Yes you would imagine the person who uploaded my site in the first place would

have copies on his computer,but he says no,and he is becoming increasingly

difficult to contact.

I now have that sinking feeling that Im going to have to go through this

all again.The company in question is FINZO.COM so beware, I see that they now

have this name registered with godaddy.com and are it says coming soon

Thanks everyone

Yes you would imagine the person who uploaded my site in the first place would

have copies on his computer,but he says no,and he is becoming increasingly

difficult to contact.

I now have that sinking feeling that Im going to have to go through this

all again.The company in question is FINZO.COM so beware, I see that they now

have this name registered with godaddy.com and are it says coming soon

Think of it as a learning opportunity, a chance to excel!

sorry to hear that though... <_<

Can never have too many backups.... I think I have about 50 copies of my store around here...

9 times out of 10 its a PEBCAK Error (Problem exists between chair and keyboard)

Replace that and you're fine...

Hi Steven,

If you do happen to retrieve the files (have you tried 'wget' ??). you can have some space/bandwidth for free for a few mths, just until you find another host. I have room to spare, so it's okay by me.

What was your domain called ? Surely, even if you can't get the site by domain name, you can try by IP address, or even if you know the name of the server where it was hosted, then you _may_ be able to get the files that way ??

Don't give up. :)

Peter

Hi,

The domain is 'parked' which usually indicates that the domain will be available soon, however there is still an IP resolved to the domain. Have you tried using FTP and the IP address of 64.202.167.192 ??

Peter

dont panic till the last possable momemt is my advise,also powweb.com has been a very good site for me with phone in tech support and i feel reasonable prices lots of luck, oh and this time do it your self if at all possable,

Steven,

I'd agree with Bob, don't panic. To me, even if a company has gone completely bust (overnight), the files _should_ be sitting on a server somewhere ??

the person who set it up for me says it does'nt anymore

Surely this person has the files on their computer or a backup somewhere ??

Can you please supply your domain name, then maybe we can help somemore.

If your site was being "Googled", then the Google cache may be a convenient means of retrieving a lot of the information, if the site was being fully indexed. Also, you would have local cache with your browser, how often is that cleared ?

What did GoDaddy say ?

Peter

Bob,peter,

thanks for the support,maybe you're right I should keep on looking,I keep saying to myself(and anybody else who listens) that my site is somewhere

waiting to be found.I think If I do the site again I'll try and do it my self

at least that way I'll have full control and know exactly whats going on.

I wll try the guy again who set it up for me to see if he has some files on his computer or a backup somewhere as you suggested.

The site was arts-biz.com

Peter,This is what go daddy said.....

"Steven,

If Finzo.com was a reseller of ours you would have gotten email from us letting you know where to manage your account.At this point it looks like you would need to create another website. I really don't know what else to do. "

Great eh,a lot of help that....

My site hadnt been registered with any search engines at that stage,that was the

next step.,so I guess it wont be cached in google?

Sorry,Local cache,is this my history log,if so thats deleted every 2 wks automatically

thanks again,the help is much appreciated

steve

Steven,

The site was arts-biz.com

With your FTP client try this:

IP 64.202.167.192

Username/password

If that doesn't work, try this

IP 66.79.191.44

Username/password

Peter,This is what go daddy said.....

"Steven,

If Finzo.com was a reseller of ours you would have gotten email from us letting you know where to manage your account.At this point it looks like you would need to create another website. I really don't know what else to do. "

Great eh,a lot of help that....

Yes, great. :)

My site hadnt been registered with any search engines at that stage,that was the next step.,so I guess it wont be cached  in google?

Yes, correct, I just looked in Google and tried a few things, only links to your site, but no actual (cache) pages found.

Sorry,Local cache,is this my history log,if so thats deleted every 2 wks automatically

What happens when you try http://www.arts-biz.com from your computer, a 'not resolved' msg, or is the local cache still there ??

Peter

Archived