• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Hidden" category during creation.

agiftcodotcom

Is it possible for me to "hide" a category while I 'build it', and then un-hide it when it's ready? I'm wanting to create a category that I will add different items to as I am adding them to my site, but I don't want people to be able to view this category until I feel it is complete. Is this possible?

Contributions I used : Updated 06-13-04 23:42

----------------

Vote on My Graphis Poll

Is it possible for me to "hide" a category while I 'build it', and then un-hide it when it's ready? I'm wanting to create a category that I will add different items to as I am adding them to my site, but I don't want people to be able to view this category until I feel it is complete. Is this possible?

I do not know if you can hide a cat but if you put items in top instead of a cat they will not show up on the site and then you can always copy them to a cat of your choice later on. Not as good as hiding the cat but...

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Actually, I decided not to go ahead as planned. But, what I did when I was thinking of it, I named my category ___________________ That way it simply looked like a divider. If someone happened to click on it then they would go to my "hidden" category, but how often do you click on dividers? :)

Contributions I used : Updated 06-13-04 23:42

----------------

Vote on My Graphis Poll

Actually, I decided not to go ahead as planned. But, what I did when I was thinking of it, I named my category ___________________ That way it simply looked like a divider. If someone happened to click on it then they would go to my "hidden" category, but how often do you click on dividers? :)

Good idea. Actually you can have a cat and leave the name blank which might be even better.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

There is a contribution to enable/disable categories like you do with products. Easy to install and works pretty much ok, however, some of the queries throughout the shop might need further adaptation to filter on categories status.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Archived