osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Create_account - State Pulldown menu problem

remedyx

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I installed this and it works great except on one thing. I ship to both us and canada, initially it displays both the us and canada states which is fine, and if I accidently select a canada state and the usa it then lists only the us states.

HOWEVER, here is where the bug comes in, if I select canada and accidently select a us state it then only gives me US states again so I cannot ship to canada if I mess up the first time!

Hopefully you can what I just said, but I'm sure it is just a logic issue how can we fix this?

Thanks!

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

On the United States/Canadian Front, I have another question... :rolleyes:

Is there a way to separate the US and Canadian States, 98% of my orders will be from the US. However, I do not wish to leave out our friends to the north.

Is there any way to have the US states at the top of the list, and the Canadians near the bottom?

Thanks,

Rob

-------------------------------

Rob

Huntsville, AL

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all. Does any version of this contrib create the state dropdown only after selecting the USA? While I'd like to install this contrib, we ship quite a bit outside the USA so I don't want to make it the default/only country available.

thanks from Mozambique.

May I suggest the Country-State Selector contribution as an alternative?  It's fairly popular and more flexible.  See link below.

Thanks, Steve. Works great. The only thing I'm wondering is how do I make the "Select Country First" option function properly? I changed the English.php file, but I know that's not enough. I searched the other forum, but couldn't find much about this. Regardless, it's exactly what I wanted.

Please ask this in the Country-State Selector Support Thread and I'll try to help. Be specific about what you mean "function properly". You may want to read through that thread first to see if there's a solution there already.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I wanted to see if you'll could help me if at all possible please?

When I create an account everything works great with the two state drop down and united sates only selected. All of this works and i get back the correct information

Name

Address

City, State Zip

Same thing works great if you are checking out and go to add a new addres works perfect. BUT if you go into My Account and then click on your address book and add a new address to your account this doesnt work right and this is what is showing.

Name

Address

City Zip

no state or country, but in the address book in phpadmin the right zone is in there though.

Can anybody please provide any input?

• 1 month later...

Hi, is there anyway of removing the list of states and allowing customers to type the state and whatever they type be entered into the database.

The reason is that I only sell and ship within the uk and no matter where the customer is it costs the same to ship. Some customers have called me complaining that there state is not listed so they could not register.

I just want to remove the options and have what they type.

Thanks

Please ask this in the Country-State Selector Support Thread and I'll try to help. Be specific about what you mean "function properly". You may want to read through that thread first to see if there's a solution there already.

I would love to use country state selector but I want to just have the United states as a static text. This way I don't have to ship outside USA is this posible?

Active countries does not have Purchasw without account support

why do you expect that? Typically contributions do not have support for other contributions by default. Because it comes down to various versions, updates and maintenance so the best thing would be to modify the related files on your existing shop.

why do you expect that? Typically contributions do not have support for other contributions by default. Because it comes down to various versions, updates and maintenance so the best thing would be to modify the related files on your existing shop.

I never said I expected it. Country state selector has PWA support so I am using that I was just relaying my thought process

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I use "State/Province Dropdown Menu" contrib. I have a question. How can I add Not Applicable to a drop-down list of State/Province: in my create_account page, so if customer doesn't have a State he/she will choose Not Applicable from a drop-down menu? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

I just thought that maybe some of you may find this helpful possibly.

I added a small change to Tim Elam's original html instructions for adding a dropdown selector for the state field. My change detects if the user is adding a new address or editing an existing one. If the user is editing an existing one, my change grabs the existing State data stored for that particular address book record and selects that value in the State dropdown box for you.

I hope this is useful to someone.

Here is the link to the contrib;

State Dropdown Menu

dear sirs,

i am using oscommerce shopping card,i have a problem that

when my customers are trying to create account and during the creation process i preffer to separate the billing adress and the shipping adress cause the shipping adress is taken by default same the billing adress?

is there any update that allow me to separate them from each other,as an individual forms so the customers can fill them seperatly?

u can understand what i mean exactly by clicking on the link below:

https://lebaneseflowers.authsecure.com/crea...534222ebf067b71

if it is possible to give me an update that show out same output as shown in this link

https://lebaneseflowers.authsecure.com/crea...534222ebf067b71

i want exactly like this link because my business accepts orders wordwide but deliver the shippment inside lebanon country,so i am trying to keep lebanon as a default country in the shipping form,same the link exactly.

thanks a lot for your help and i hope you can help me to find a solution for it,because i am not proffessional in using html language.

chadi azar

when my customers are trying to create account and during the creation process i preffer to separate the billing adress and the shipping adress cause the shipping adress is taken by default same the billing adress?

Are you aware that in the default installation of osCommerce MS2, the customer can designate upto 5 different shipping addresses different from their billing address (which usually defaults to the info they entered when they created their account)?

I'm gathering that you always want the shipping address to be something constant though and never able to be edited by the customer, yes? Please correct me if I am wrong.

thanks for replying,

i need the shipping address to be always as a default country(lebanon),but the customers are able to choose the states of the country(lebanon)that i have entered for example lebanon contains 40 states.

because our service is accepting orders from arround the world but the delivery is to lebanon only.

for more explanation:all what i need that when the customers create an account and while filling out the billing address he will be able to choose any country and states, but while filling out the information of the shipping address which is located in the same page(create account) he can choose any state of the only default country wich is lebanon.

you can have a look on the link bellow as an example ,i need exactly the same if it is possible

https://lebaneseflowers.authsecure.com/crea...a43ac717002baa7

your prompt action will be highly appreciated

thanks a lot

chadi

hi chadi,

the fact that you need Lebenon to be a statically preselected country makes this task a rather simple one. this would just be a matter of pre-designating Lebenon as the country, in otherwords, hardcoding it into the country variable, then populate the state dropdown box with all of the respective states. this is a fairly easy programming task. I'll see what I can come up with for you, chadi.

thanks again for replying. i am waiting for you.and thanks well

Are you going to be needing that entire list of places that showed up on that flower site in the state field?

If so, I will need to add those to the database...as they do not exist in there currently. Please let me know what you would like to do about that.

hi ,thanks for you really,

i need the same states yes and if it is possible the same form in create account(personal details,company details,your address,Your Contact Information,Options,Your Password,Delivery Address)and the phone number in the delivery information xx-xxxxxx

if it is possible the same of all .

Archived