• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to use phpMyAdmin

Hi, I've just tried to install the PayPal_IPN contribution and I don't know how to run the following commands through myPhpAdmin, any help is really appriciated!

ALTER TABLE orders ADD paypal_ipn_id INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

ALTER TABLE orders_products_attributes ADD products_options_id INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

ALTER TABLE orders_products_attributes ADD products_options_values_id INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

Also the next part says "Use phpMyAdmin and run the file paypal_ipn.sql. This will create the following tables". How do I run the .sql file? Thanks in advance.

choose sql in phpmyadmin - and you can manually add those lines in the text box or use browse to search for the sql file it referes to.

then click go.

Your online success is Paramount.

Hi, I've just tried to install the PayPal_IPN contribution and I don't know how to run the following commands through myPhpAdmin, any help is really appriciated!

ALTER TABLE orders ADD paypal_ipn_id INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

ALTER TABLE orders_products_attributes ADD products_options_id INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

ALTER TABLE orders_products_attributes ADD products_options_values_id INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

Also the next part says "Use phpMyAdmin and run the file paypal_ipn.sql. This will create the following tables". How do I run the .sql file? Thanks in advance.

1- In your phpMyAdmin you will select the database fromt he left side drop down box.

2- At the top of the page you will see "SQL" Click this and you will be brought to a screen which will allow you to make or type in or paste in a selection of inserting, altering, searching etc. Take the code you want to use and paste it in the sql text feild. Click go and it does the rest.

For instance and INSERT statement would look like this:

INSERT INTO orders_comment VALUES ( '2', '2', 'Test message2', 'This is the test preset message2.\r\nThank you for shopping with us.\r\n\r\nYour order will be processed in the following few hours.\r\n\r\nBest Regards,\r\n');

THis will insert all of the feild values between the "( )" into there respective table feilds for order_commnets

Always remember, we need patience, guidance and most of all understanding.

My Contributions

Archived