• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Yet Another Search In Header Question :)

bigben

I am using the STS template contribution wich is great by the way !!

I would like to add a search box to the top of my website. I would also love to add login and the cart.

I am a PHP slacker :) with little or no knowledge of it. I have been messing with it for about 3 weeks for a buddy of mine and would really appreciate it if anyone has a solution for my problem.

I have search the forums several times looking for an answer and found a few but none that worked for me :) Or even worked at all. Maybe due to using STS.

I really appreciate any help i can get on this. If you want to see the site it is

HERE you will see the top were the date and brasdcrumbs ets are and that is the general area i would like to add them :) AND no $search does not work :)

I am using the STS template contribution wich is great by the way !!

I would like to add a search box to the top of my website. I would also love to add login and the cart.

I am a PHP slacker :) with little or no knowledge of it. I have been messing with it for about 3 weeks for a buddy of mine and would really appreciate it if anyone has a solution for my problem.

I have search the forums several times looking for an answer and found a few but none that worked for me :) Or even worked at all. Maybe due to using STS.

I really appreciate any help i can get on this. If you want to see the site it is

HERE you will see the top were the date and brasdcrumbs ets are and that is the general area i would like to add them :) AND no $search does not work :)

If you are using sts all you need to do is move the search to where you want it to be in the sts_template.html file. If that does not work you are either doing something wrong or you have the contribution installed incorrectly.

Here is a copy of a sts_template with the search at the top

<html>

<head>

<!--$headcontent-->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

</head>

<body>

<table width="100%" border="1" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">

<tr class="header">

<td> $cataloglogo</td>

<td width="125"><div align="right">$searchbox </div></td>

</tr>

</table>

<br>

<tr class="headerNavigation">

<td>$breadcrumbs</td>

<td><div align="right">$myaccountlogoff | $cartcontents | $checkout</div></td>

</tr>

</table>

<br>

<tr>

<td width="125" valign="top">

<p>$categorybox</p>

<p>$manufacturerbox</p>

<p>$whatsnewbox</p>

<p></p>

<p>$loginbox</p>

<p>$informationbox</p></td>

<td valign="top">

<p>$content</p>

</td>

<td width="125" valign="top">

<p>$cartbox</p>

<p>$maninfobox</p>

<p>$orderhistorybox</p>

<p>$bestsellersbox</p>

<p>$specialfriendbox</p>

<p>$reviewsbox</p>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<br>

<tr>

<td>$footer</div></td>

</tr>

</table>

<br>

<tr>

<td><div align="center">$banner</div></td>

</tr>

</table>

<p> </p>

</body>

</html>

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Yes i see the $searchbox tag but i just want to have the word search: then input box then go button. all in a row no searchbox. Does that clarify it ? Also thanks for the reply.

Yes i see the $searchbox tag but i just want to have the word search: then input box then go button. all in a row no searchbox. Does that clarify it ? Also thanks for the reply.

If you want to change the contents of the searchbox it self you will need to change the

includes/boxes.search.php file and then go to your english.php and change the text for the box

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived