• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

After installation question

iamclogger

I am hosting my site on powweb.com I installed osCommerce from scratch and it installs just fine. When I visit the default catalog page there are two error messages. One says to remove the install directory which I have done and that error message disappears.

The second error message is

"Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /www/a/m/myrealsitename.com/htdocs/store/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file."

I have tried setting the permissions on that particular file to both 777 and 706 like the help docs have suggested but neither solution removes the error message.

Any suggestions on what I need to do? Thanks

you set the permissions to chmod 644 and if that does not work then chmod 444 read only state

777 and 706 are for when you are initially installing and the files require to be written to.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Thanks,

I tried changing the permissions to 644 and 444 but the message would not go away. Any other suggestions?

The default permissions on that file were 644 after the installation was complete.

Steve,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have set the permissions to both 644 and 444 but the message will not go away. What else should I do?

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /www/a/m/americanstepdance.com/htdocs/store/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Archived