• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Search in Header

knap

Hi all,

I'm making a new site and wanted to put the search input in the header. A couple of weeks ago I've read something about this (thought it was a contri?) but I cant't find it anymore......... Does somebody knows how to do this or knows how's the contribution called?

THANKS!!!!!!

Chris

I'm not sure of an actual contribution, but you can place the following code where you want the search to appear.

Note: you will need to create a graphic button for "search"... unless you want mine, which I could post here for you to copy.

<font size=1><b>Search:</b></font size=1> <?php echo tep_draw_form('advanced_search', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'). tep_draw_hidden_field('search_in_description','1') . tep_draw_input_field('keywords','','size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"')?>
   <input type="image" src="includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_search.gif" border="0" alt="Quick Find" title=" Quick Find "></form>

Contributions I used : Updated 06-13-04 23:42

----------------

Vote on My Graphis Poll

Hi John,

That search doesn't help Mibble.........e.g.

All Products Page 2.2-CVS 22 May 2004

Oscommerce Skin [ GREY BOX ] 2.2-CVS 15 May 2004

Simple Template System (STS) 2.2-CVS 8 May 2004

Category Meta Tags 2.2-CVS 19 Apr 2004

Header Tags Controller 2.2-CVS 2 Apr 2004

Products_Short_Descriptions_V1 2.2-CVS 25 Mar 2004

Nav bar with on/off tabs 2.2-CVS 12 Feb 2004

Site Map for OSCommerce 2.2 MS1 2.2-CVS 30 Jan 2004

Dynamic Product Meta Tags 2.2-CVS 9 Sep 2003

Category Tabs 2.2-CVS 30 Jan 2003

To agiftcodotcom,

The site uses the STS contribution so you're code doesn't work (HTML).

In the past the thing I've seen made some changes in the search script and I believe then a little change on applicationtop.php (if i'm right.....).

Any other solutions????????

Laterssss,

Chris

i see it right there, nav bar. did you read thru the titles then look at what closely matched? and then read the descriptions? the search here is not the best but does return quite a bit. i typed in what i told you, then went right to nav bar based upon what you typed. lo and behold, it is there.

Archived