• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

One page checkout or close to it for now

Ok. As someone of you know Oscommerce is great, but too many clicks to checkout tends to make some customers unhappy. And if you use paypal as a processor and the customer is not already a paypal member they are even more unhappy. Well I came up with a solution that works for me for now.

Basically all I did was stripe out all the visible html on the pages except for a line that said processing.... or sending to secure payment processor... and for each form on the page I put the code below:

<BODY onload = "document.checkout_payment.submit()"; "return check_form()">

Except of course it changed based on the name of the form on each page.

Like:

<BODY onload = "document.checkout_confirmation.submit()">

It would be possible to put all the forms on one page and use the onclick for a button to run a script like above for the different forms on a single page as well.

Hopefully this might lead someone who can build a contrib out of this idea. PHP or java for that matter is not my thing. I manged to get it to work on mine but Im not good enough to help anyone else except to pass my idea along. But Im persistant and it took 9 tries to get it where I wanted it. This may not work for you, so give it a shot at your own risk and BACKUP.

Just thought I would contrib something to this great peice of work.

Hope this helps.

Archived