• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS package size when multiple items

JustLikeThis

Does anybody know how do the current shipping modules calculate the final package size when customer has ordered multiple items? I am trying to enhance a shipping module to use USPS internet services and do not know what FINAL size should be specified if there are multiple orders.

Thanks.

The stock shipping modules in osC do not have any provision for dimensions. In the USPS module, the package size is hard-coded as "Regular", "Non-Machinable" which I believe would return accurate rates for up to 35 lbs. with package size not exceeding 84" in combined length + girth or for packages 35-70 lbs. with package size not exceeding 108" in combined length + girth.

The UPS XML contribution has an option for dimensional support which is awesome and much needed for USPS but, to my knowledge, no one has yet developed dimensional support for USPS.

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!