• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

phpBB2 Implementation Contribtion

Only difference is that I have a *slightly* modified login.php, renamed login_bb.php, so that I don't go back to the main website after logging in at via the forum login link.

Yes I am interested too in this slighty modified login_bb.php. How did you do it? Its so anoying how the forum goes out to the main page to login in users and then back to the index page for the catalog.

let's see if I can piece this back together, it wasn't that hard, just had to put together a few pieces.

1) I copied login.php to login_bb.php, put it in the same directory.

2) modifications to login_bb.php were as follows (as reported by my weak memory aided by WinMerge):

find this:

// restore cart contents
       $cart->restore_contents();

if (sizeof($navigation->snapshot) > 0) {
         $origin_href = tep_href_link($navigation->snapshot['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->snapshot['get'], array(tep_session_name())), $navigation->snapshot['mode']);
         $navigation->clear_snapshot();
         tep_redirect($origin_href);
       } else {
         tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));
       }
     }
   }
 }

and change it to this:

// restore cart contents
       $cart->restore_contents();

if (sizeof($navigation->snapshot) > 0) {
         $origin_href = tep_href_link($navigation->snapshot['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->snapshot['get'], array(tep_session_name())), $navigation->snapshot['mode']);
         $navigation->clear_snapshot();
         tep_redirect($origin_href);
       } else {
         tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_BB_LOGGED_IN));
       }
     }
   }
 }

change this:

<!-- body_text //-->
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('login', tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, 'action=process', 'SSL')); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>

to this:

<!-- body_text //-->
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('login', tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN_BB, 'action=process', 'SSL')); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>

3) add to catalog/includes/filenames.php:

define('FILENAME_LOGIN_BB', 'login_bb.php');
 define('FILENAME_BB_LOGGED_IN', 'bb_logged_in.php');

it doesn't really matter where you add it, but I put it right under

define('FILENAME_LOGIN_BB', 'login.php');

for code cleanliness purposes.

You may have realized that due to some redirection issues, the forums may all be in https until you click an HTTP link. The problem is that you can't send an HTTP redirect command from https (login page) to http (regular pages) without the browser popping up a warning. So, the login page redirects you to from https (login page) to https (forums), and unless you click on an explicit http link (like somewhere in the catalog) then the entire forum area will be https. Sure, you can configure the browser not to pop the warning, but your customers are not each going to do that just for your website.

So, I added another page (as you may have noticed in the code above), catalog/bb_logged_in.php, just to have the users click an HTTP link to "continue" to the forums, so that the forum links would not all be https. You probably don't want all the overhead of an entirely https forum.

The code for that page is as follows:

<?php
/*
 $Id: privacy.php,v 1.22 2003/06/05 23:26:23 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');
 require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_BB_LOGGED_IN);

?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
<!--            <td class="pageHeading" align="right">//<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_specials.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
-->
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_INFORMATION; ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
         <tr class="infoBoxContents">
           <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
               <td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT_BB) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_RIGHT; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_RIGHT; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

The page itself is pretty generic - - the only purpose it serves is to avoid the "you are being redirected from a secure page to a non-secure page" type error messages.

I think that's it!

-jared

I forgot to include the code that actually changes the "login" link to point to login_bb.php instead of login.php. I *think* that it is the following:

in includes/modules/phpbb2/includes/, make sure to have the login/logged out section read like this (I don't remember how it reads originally):

//
// Generate logged in/logged out status
//
if ( $userdata['session_logged_in'] )
{
$u_login_logout ='logoff.'.$phpEx;
$l_login_logout = $lang['Logout'] . ' [ ' . $userdata['username'] . ' ]';
}
else
{
$u_login_logout = 'login_bb.'.$phpEx;
$l_login_logout = $lang['Login'];
}

-jared

Thank jcall, I've dont everything you said except the last bit. I dont know what file you edited?

includes/modules/phpbb2/includes/???.php

I need to know which one you altered?

The missing file was page_header.php

New problem, it seems to want a english file to be associated to it? Any ideas mine its sort of working now but not quite.

Hey everyone I am about to attepmt to install phpbb and merge it with osc when i get home and I am wondering cause I dont want major problems how did you set up the directory?

/catalog/phpbb2/?

or did you just put all the sub categories from phpbb and put them in /catalog/ so the admin for phpbb goes in the admin for the shop?

The missing file was page_header.php[\quote]

Correct. My apologies for the omitted filename.

New problem, it seems to want a english file to be associated to it? Any ideas mine its sort of working now but not quite.

What is the error message you're getting?

-jared

Since adding the boards, is anyone getting reports from customers that items are being mysteriously added/removed from their carts?

-jared

How would I add just the osc header and footer to the phpbb board?

I believe it's there by default.

The header gets called in modules.php, and the footer gets called in one of the other files - - don't remember but can go look if yours is not working.

-jared

How would I add just the osc header and footer to the phpbb board?

I believe it's there by default.

The header gets called in modules.php, and the footer gets called in one of the other files - - don't remember but can go look if yours is not working.

-jared

thanks i will try to see if i can get it working now

I ahve errors afet installing can you help!

Warning: main(includes/modules/phpbb2/extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/justco2/public_html/includes/modules/phpbb2/index.php on line 25

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/phpbb2/extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/justco2/public_html/includes/modules/phpbb2/index.php on line 25

Warning: main(includes/modules/phpbb2/common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/justco2/public_html/includes/modules/phpbb2/index.php on line 26

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/phpbb2/common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/justco2/public_html/includes/modules/phpbb2/index.php on line 26

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /home/justco2/public_html/includes/modules/phpbb2/index.php on line 31

this is when i try to run the phpbb

i think the error that i was getting was wheen i tryed to getinto the bb the wrong way.

when i enter it this way i get the following error:

modules.php?op=modload&name=phpbb2&file=index.php

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: sql_db in /home/justco2/public_html/includes/modules/phpbb2/includes/db.php on line 60

once i get rid of the errors i need to know how to change the theam. the headder is the defult os commerce theme. how do i make my theme work in the headder?

Hi,

I have installed chaveiro's PHPBB 2.0.8a Contribution. I got everything to work, except that I cannot go into admin.

When I type:

http://localhost/catalog/admin/bb_default.php in my browser, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\FoxServ\www\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 29

My line 29 in application_top.php looks like this:

require('includes/configure.php');

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

David

I downloaded this contribution but it's basically the entore PHPBB with all the mods. Is there a list of steps required to get a single sign on working

I already have PHPBB on my development environment and have made a lot of mods to integrate it into the site and my next step was single sign on. However if it has been done I may as well leaverage the work someone has done on it and save some time.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi this mod works great except when I view a post I get this error:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wroughtec/public_html/catalog/modules.php:28) in /home/wroughtec/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/phpbb2/viewtopic.php on line 555

Any help would very useful.

Click here to go to my forum and then view a topic

thanks

Edited by wroughtec

Hi,

I've just installed the phpBB2 contribution on MS2 with a BTS (Basic Template System) mod also installed, and at the second (and much more careful) install I have a partially working install.

1) When I click on the Forum link (in the information box) I get a blank error page which says 'Sorry file does't exist.' The URL looks wrong to me which I suspect may be a php setting as the & signs appear as html eg:

http://www.mydomain.co.uk/modules.php/op/m...;file/index.php

The rest of the shop stillworks correctly. And I can get into the forum through the admin address. It is hosted on an Apache webserver

If anyone can help it would be greatly apprecciated.

Cheers

Andy

with ten thousand dollars we'll all be millionaires

Hi Brainstorm

Read around the forums abit, search for topics like phpbb2 etc. All the answers are out there. The phpbb2 implementation isnt quite the tidiest contribution, quite a few bugs that have been discussed and fixed in these forums. I got mine working and I the not admin screen problem, its a file called bb_defualt. Look around and see what you can find and ask me any specific question through PM if you like.