• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Visitor problems with images and ads taking over

smartwork

We have a fully functioning site and occasionally have a visitor give us feedback that they cannot see the product images. I can NOT figure out why this would be. Today, I received this from a visitor:

I could not see the pictures. All that showed up in the place of the pictures was advertisements for "Windows Messenger Killer" I could see the pictures for just a second and then the advertisement would show up.

How in the world could this be happening? I am trying to follow-up with the visitor for more details and try to get a screen shot to see if the ads are in the image's place, etc.

Do you have a URL we can check??

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

I surfed a bit across your website and i do not have any pictures of a windows messenger killer showing. It might very well be that this person is using a plugin in internet explorer like some smiley toolbar which means that there is also spyware installed on that persons computer. Nothing to do with your website. But shrug...the only person who could answer that is they person who wrote you about it.

Richard

B)

Archived