• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to find out my host?

ssyu

Got an error msg saying "A test connection made to the database was NOT successful. Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061)"

I'm working on one pc only, and am connecting to adsl, got php installed, and thought 127.0.0.1 is the local server i suppose to enter??

But this is not the case, can anyone plz tell me where can i find my host?? Thanks!

I think you're asking what the server OUGHT to be. "localhost" is the default but is not what you want unless your MySQL server is the same system as the web server your store is on.

Contact your hosting service and ask for the correct server name. You should have been given this when you created the database initially.

Thanks to Mike and Steve.

Now i got it connected, i just want to try out oscommece on my pc first b4 i upload it to the webserver.

However, i think i haven't created a database in MySql together with the permissions for the user that will be using the database, thus getting an error msg saying incorrect username and passwd etc.

How do I create a db in MySQL and set the permission for it? I'm using mysql ver4.0.18 under WinXP.

Thanks again!

Archived