• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Entry

v8superfan

hey guys! first of all, im glad i found oscommerce! it looks like its very nice, and also it has got a wonderful community (so many posts!)

anyway, the thing i want to know is, how can i submit new items using oscommerce. Do i have to submit one by one? or is there like a bulk loader? I looked for a admin demonstration, but unfortunately its offline :(

My company sells stamps, so there is 1000's, or 10000's of thousands of products to list. Most of them will only have name and price, and thats about it. So would it be easy to put them all up?

Thanks in advance!

Have a very nice day/night!

William

hey guys! first of all, im glad i found oscommerce! it looks like its very nice, and also it has got a wonderful community (so many posts!)

anyway, the thing i want to know is, how can i submit new items using oscommerce. Do i have to submit one by one? or is there like a bulk loader? I looked for a admin demonstration, but unfortunately its offline :(

My company sells stamps, so there is 1000's, or 10000's of thousands of products to list. Most of them will only have name and price, and thats about it. So would it be easy to put them all up?

Thanks in advance!

Have a very nice day/night!

William

Try this contribution

easy populate

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

wow! thanks for the quick reply, that link was very helpful, thank you :D

another question, is there any add-ons for personalised user accounts. Like if the account owner have spent over $100 he gets 1% discounts, $200 2% etc.

thank you!

William

hey guys again, i have so many questions to ask....so if any of you uses an instant messenger like msn, please gimme a pm with your email :) so i can have a question session with you instead of posting lots of newbie stuff here :)

Will

wow! thanks for the quick reply, that link was very helpful, thank you :D

another question, is there any add-ons for personalised user accounts. Like if the account owner have spent over $100 he gets 1% discounts, $200 2% etc.

thank you!

William

I think there's a customer loyalty discount in the contribs section...

hey guys again, i have so many questions to ask....so if any of you uses an instant messenger like msn, please gimme a pm with your email  so i can have a question session with you instead of posting lots of newbie stuff here

Will

Thats whats nice about these forums, and documentation, you can search for your answers here.

I can't speak for the rest of the board, but I don't think anybody here wants to be the personal attendant to anybody, unless they are getting paid for it. Theres a whole lot to learn about OSC as its an "out of the box"/"yet heavily customizable" tool. Getting emails or IMs from the same person all the time doesn't really lend to what these forums are all about. Most everyone has a store of their own to find time to work on as well.

You can ask questions, learn to search and read posts. Like I said, that is the great thing about these forums and these docs

Any questions you may have, has already been asked probably, just search for it.

9 times out of 10 its a PEBCAK Error (Problem exists between chair and keyboard)

Replace that and you're fine...

No, no, no, I don't want to discourage you at all, you can ask questions, all we ask is that you look first. I think its great that you are talking an interest in OSC and you a hungry to learn it and get it up and running.

1 piece of advise though, don't think in your head you'll have this up in a day. Well yeah, you can install, but the configuration and modifications and this forum will make your head spin at first, trust me.

Everybody is here to help, noobs too! We'll help you out, but I think everybody answering questions gets annoyed when there sooo many questions that could have been answered via the search feature.

I'm tellin ya, this is the best place to be, and there are a million ideas tossed around on these boards daily.

The search is good, because everyone was a noob at one point, even hpdl! So when you search, chances are you'll find relevant posts, plus you'll get some great ideas from the posts that aren't relevant.

Best of luck to you...

9 times out of 10 its a PEBCAK Error (Problem exists between chair and keyboard)

Replace that and you're fine...

Archived