• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Non-cURL EFSnet payment module..does anyone have?

I'm currently using osCommerce and my host does not support cURL. I'm tied into a contract with EFS and cannot get my module working due to lack of cURL support. Does anyone have a complete non-cURL efsnet payment module available.

If not can someone who uses efsnet without cURL help me out. I'm banging my head against the wall on this one.

I'm also in the same boat with FedEx shipping module for real time quotes as it requires cURL also. These are the last 2 objects that are stopping me from going live on my store and I have spent a lot of time searching here and the net for answers.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Why not just find a host that supports cURL?

You'd probably spend less time moving the site than you would messing around with the code.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

You'd probably spend less time moving the site than you would messing around with the code.

Because I've already paid for a year of hosting and have 11 1/2 months left ;)

Also I had assumed that when I picked up the hosting that it fully supported osCommerce as it is the e-commerce offering that they have installed for use. I'm not great with php, actually this is my first usage. It's becoming a learning experience.

Because I've already paid for a year of hosting and have 11 1/2 months left ;)

Tell 'em that the service is not up to the standard you require and get a refund for the unused period. Most hosts will comply.

I'll try that. I'm also thinking of just paying someone to create a working efs module if I need to.... I'm getting desperate lol. I'm using netfirms for a host and their package is great but it's becoming more of an issue by the day. I do not have control of my domain name either through them so my store front needs a redirect from html which seems pretty cheesy to me.

Sounds like a plan to me.

I'm always surprised with how many people will put up with crappy hosting plans and come up with work-arounds to make up for hosting deficiencies.

Hosting is dirt cheep these days with some really nice, good, hosts. If a company is offering less than you need I say dump them. In this case you have a strong argument, you need cURL and they won't provide it.

I'd transfer the name to a registrar only company, set up a new host, make sure it all works then cut the name over.

Once it's all going, present NetFirms with a fair accompli and ask for the refund. If they argue you can always take it up with your credit card company. They could not fulfill.

Archived