• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Getting rid of '(best way)'

modena360

Hi

Was just wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of the text in the brackets on the final checkout confirmation page and the brackets themselves. Like for example the flat rate shipping method whichs says 'Flat Rate (Best Way)' in the checkout confirmation page. I only want the shipping method title 'Flat Rate' to show but not the (Best Way) part. I know you can get rid of 'Best Way' in the particular shipping module but the annoying brackets still show up. I've looked everywhere but cant seem to find where this is hidden so I can edit it manually. Any ideas please????

Thanks

In checkout_shipping.php (about line 121) find:

'title' => (($free_shipping == true) ?  $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] : $quote[0]['module'] . ' (' . $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')'),

The parentheses in red are the ones that appear in checkout_confirmation.php

Removing them will remove the parentheses around the methods for ALL shipping modules - ie: United Parcel Service (Ground) ... etc.

If you want them to still appear for some methods and not others, then you will have to add them to the individual text defines in the language file for each method.

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

• 7 months later...

Archived