• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Getting Started / The Basics??

division

I am having a hard time finding a starting point. I would like to learn more about what it takes to get a basic osC up and running. Is there a good online guide for newbies like me? Also, how does using Paypal as a gateway work with this system? Thanks.

I am having a hard time finding a starting point. I would like to learn more about what it takes to get a basic osC up and running.

- Do you already have a website/host?

- If so, do you have OSC installed already?

Is there a good online guide for newbies like me?

- The previously mentioned documentation is good as well as simply reading the posts on this board and asking questions yourself. Don't worry, none of us bite... That I know of :)

Also, how does using Paypal as a gateway work with this system?

- VERY EASY, you simply turn it on. There are a few modifications you can make if you would like, but it's completely up to you. For basic installation, you will simply enter your PayPal account address into your control panel and then have PayPal redirect your customers back to your site when they are finished, using a simple redirect in the PayPal control panel.

Thanks.

- Not a problem, we were all here once ourselves. :)

BTW, you can see some of the modifications I've made by clicking the link in my signature. The great thing about OSC is that it is basically limitless if you are willing to learn/try new things. And yet, it's not a bad shop just 'out of the box'.

Contributions I used : Updated 06-13-04 23:42

----------------

Vote on My Graphis Poll

Archived