• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Internet Merchant Account / Payment Gateway Accoun

Hi,

I'd like to setup an osCommerce store. I'm not sure if I need an internet merchant account, a payment gateway account or both for use with oscommerce.

I've been unable to find any documentation on how to configure the authorize.net module to use credentials from any of the above mentioned accounts.

Can someone point me in the right direction please!?

Further, is there an IRC help channel for oscommerce?

Authorize.net is a payment gateway. OSC passes the credit card info and customer name and total to the them and they process it and provide back approval or denial. You will then need a merchant account, this is kind of like a bank account where the money goes before it gets put into your bank account (this is putting it very simply). Ask your host if they can set you up with a merchant account. If they can not they most likely will point you to someone who can. Typically you will find that when you set up a merchant account they will set you up with a payment gateway(such as authorize.net).

They will integrate everything together, so the only credentials you need are the payment gateway userid and password. This is what you configure in OSC.

Good Luck.

Archived