• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shop messes up customers and other things

PVK

Lately we get several complaints by people who seem to have products added to their basket which they never did themselve.

Other customers log in with their own name , but then get other customers account even without being asked for their password

And the worst of al, some customers receive orders on their own account while they havent been ordering at all!

What the **** is going on here, and how can i fix this strange behaviour asap????

HHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP please :(

You probably have some hard coded links with the osCid in the url.

<a href="/catalog/page.php?osCid=0a899d4ca00ff1asdfd930d7054c11e">Link</a>

Look for that in things you may have changed.

**edit**

clarify: Don't look for that osCid, but something like that...

9 times out of 10 its a PEBCAK Error (Problem exists between chair and keyboard)

Replace that and you're fine...

Now that is kind of bizar, because i really have never done such a thing [i wouldn't even know how to do that] HOWEVER ,

the strange thing is that when you enter the shop and hover your mouse over one of the main categories it indeed shows a session id next to the link.

[eg: /catalog/default.php?Path=168&osCsid=d0235537f1e16c5883a9a335a7bc4ee9

When you click on that link the session id dissappears and turns into :

/catalog/default.php?cPath=168

Is this normal ?

Could it be a problem with sessions or something [do i have to make them shorter somewhere perhaps?]

We are running an own server with ssl.

Do i have to turn : check ssl section iD in the admin on ?

WHat is best for us : the use of sessions in our database or is the files option the one to go for and will this fix the problem?

Now that is kind of bizar, because i really have never done such a thing [i wouldn't even know how to do that] HOWEVER ,

the strange thing is that when you enter the shop and hover your mouse over one of the main categories it indeed shows a session id next to the link.

[eg: /catalog/default.php?Path=168&osCsid=d0235537f1e16c5883a9a335a7bc4ee9

When you click on that link the session id dissappears and turns into :

/catalog/default.php?cPath=168

Is this normal ?

Could it be a problem with sessions or something [do i have to make them shorter somewhere perhaps?]

We are running an own server with ssl.

Do i have to turn : check ssl section iD in the admin on ?

WHat is best for us : the use of sessions in our database or is the files option the one to go for and will this fix the problem?

try a find on all of your files for: ".php?osCid="

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Done that too, came up with 0 results.

What i have done now is cleared [empty] the session table in the database with phpmyadmin, and set the cookie setting in the admin to on and changed the SSL setting " Check SSL session ID" to true.

Mybe this will make a difference?

Any other pointers by anyone is much appreciated though, since i am starting to get desperate by now. :unsure:

Archived