• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Dropdownmenu

euskopc

Hi, i'm a beginner.

I don't understand instructions install.

Can you help me ?

What is class tableBox and where can i find it ?

Thank you.

----

/**********2**********/

*This code and the instructions are adapted from another Oscommerce contribution, for this reason many thanks for COOLMENU creators!!!

If you have installed coolmenu in your webshop go directly to step 3

2A) in class tableBox

After line 20 between

var $table_data_parameters = '';

and

// class constructor

add the line

var $table_string = '';

so that it looks like:

var $table_data_parameters = '';

var $table_string = '';

// class constructor

2B) in class tableBox

After around line 72 before

return $tableBox_string;

add the line

$this->table_string = $tableBox_string;

so that it looks like

if ($direct_output == true) echo $tableBox_string;

$this->table_string = $tableBox_string;

return $tableBox_string;

2C) in class infoBox

At around line 78 change the constructor from originally

function infoBox($contents) {

to

function infoBox($contents, $direct_output = true) {

2D) class infoBox

Around line 83 at the end of the constructor change from

$this->tableBox($info_box_contents, true);

}

to

$this->tableBox($info_box_contents, $direct_output);

}

2E) in class infoBoxHeading

At around line 103 change the constructor from originally

function infoBoxHeading($contents, $left_corner = true, $right_corner = true, $right_arrow = false) {

to

function infoBoxHeading($contents, $left_corner = true, $right_corner = true, $right_arrow = false, $direct_output = true) {

2F) in class infoBoxHeading

Around line 130 at the end of the constructor change from

$this->tableBox($info_box_contents, true);

}

to

$this->tableBox($info_box_contents, $direct_output);

}

/**********3**********/

I'm having the same problem reading the instructions as well.

Shawn Pauley

WORLD Motorsports

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

hello

i've installed drop menu 2.7 and thank for this contribution.

But i want to reduce the select's length cause it's too long :

tep_draw_pull_down_menu("manufacturers_id", "") .

tep_draw_pull_down_menu("categories_id", "") .

tep_draw_pull_down_menu("subcategories_id", "") .

where i must to change it ?

thank you for your help

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I want to make a small modification with the contrib Dropdownmenu v2.7

I want to put a button (see image) for remetre at zero the choices.

see image

menu.gif

As with the choice "delete" in the list box.

I am lost in the javascrip.

Can somebody help me?

thank for advance :sweating:

Nicolas

• 3 weeks later...

excused to use a translator in order to speak English, I use one version oscommerce with contributions like b2b and sts template . When I try to install dropdownmenu, it does not work, does not find creed the scripts. Perhaps I have read in all the forum, I do not find an indication for comprehensible me , wants a code to us for sts_user_code. You can help me, this is the error that appears:

"); document.write(" "); document.write(" <\/td>"); document.write(" Cerca<\/td>"); document.write(" <\/td>"); document.write(" <\/tr>"); document.write("<\/table>"); //-->

• 1 month later...

I'm rewriting the contribution to fix the browser problems, speed, easier installation, ability to change the search way (Manufacturer->Category->subcategory or Category->Subcategory->Manufacturer), the code is very clear in comparation with the previous version.

To do:

-Admin section

-Instalation instructions (only spanish by the momment)

-Translations

You can download the alpha version at http://www.euskopc.com/descargas/avsearch.zip

Please, don't use the dropdownmenu v2.7, wait to the next version.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, strange problem:

When I search by just keywords, it works great. However, when I use any of the drop downs, then do a search, all the links get a ?manufacturer_id=XXX at the end. These won't resolve for some reason.

Does anyone have a great idea how to stop it from putting that at the end of my links?

Thanks!

"People tell me I have an inferiority complex. They must be right; after all, they are all smarter than me."

-Many bugs fixed.

-New Administration side with:

---Enable and disable contribution

---Show and hide the last list (subcategories or manufacturers)

---Lists order, starting with manufacturers or categories

---Capture Keywords (In development)

---Configure collected keywords (In development)

Without english strings yet :-(

Thats all folks!

Please report problems here, browser compatability, new ideas...

You can view it running at http://www.euskopc.com/avsearch/index.php

Download at http://www.euskopc.com/descargas/avsearch.zip

Now some holidays ;-)

Edited by euskopc

Okay, strange problem:

When I search by just keywords, it works great.  However, when I use any of the drop downs, then do a search, all the links get a ?manufacturer_id=XXX at the end.  These won't resolve for some reason.

Does anyone have a great idea how to stop it from putting that at the end of my links? 

Thanks!

Some problem with the SEO URL, probably it'll be fixed in the next version.

Okay, one more thing:

For some reason, with this module running, the "back" button doesn't work on my website. Not with any browser...

I comment out the categories_js from the column_left.php, and the "back" button works again... so I think there is an issue for me with the javascript in the file.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

"People tell me I have an inferiority complex. They must be right; after all, they are all smarter than me."

Okay, one more thing:

For some reason, with this module running, the "back" button doesn't work on my website.  Not with any browser...

I comment out the categories_js from the column_left.php, and the "back" button works again... so I think there is an issue for me with the javascript in the file.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

More problems that will be fixed in the next version. Download the new Alpha version and use a translator to install it, I say Alpha because I want to add more utilities to the contribution but it's better than the last "stable" version.

I'm going to be 15 days moved away of computers, say to me suggestions for when I returned.

Thanks

Edited by euskopc

More problems that will be fixed in the next version. Download the new Alpha version and use a translator to install it, I say Alpha because I want to add more utilities to the contribution but it's better than the last "stable" version.

I'm going to be 15 days moved away of computers, say to me suggestions for when I returned.

Thanks

Well, I'm pretty much done installing your new version, it looks great! It was hard to translate a lot of it, but I figured it out. Thanks a lot for your hard work! This is a wonderful contribution.

Hi!

The 5. step (Open catalog/includes/column_left.php and search this line:...) causes my whole site to go nuts. Besides the store header I can't see anything, not even after pressing the menu buttons.

My search.php looks like this:

http://danman.archive.hu/search.txt

And my categories_js.php looks like this:

http://danman.archive.hu/categories_js.txt

What have I done wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If it's going to work, how can I customize the menus? From admin section or do I have to edit some file?

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi!

I've found the problem. I have PHP5 running and it won't work with it :-(

I don't know how to fix it altough but was able to put the whole site on php4 for testing and it works perfectly.

Anyone know how to make it php5 compatible?

Another question: Is there a way to make it not necessary to click on the "Search" button? So that after the last subcategory it would just popup the products?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Hi!

The 5. step (Open catalog/includes/column_left.php and search this line:...) causes my whole site to go nuts. Besides the store header I can't see anything, not even after pressing the menu buttons.

My search.php looks like this:

http://danman.archive.hu/search.txt

And my categories_js.php looks like this:

http://danman.archive.hu/categories_js.txt

What have I done wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If it's going to work, how can I customize the menus? From admin section or do I have to edit some file?

Thanks,

Daniel

• 1 month later...

I have an old question. Old meaning, it involves v2.7, and I only ask it because I am somewhat familiar with it, where as the latest alpha I'm not.

Upon multiple installations I get this error: "Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\functions\html_output.php on line 272"

I traced that to be the "tep_draw_pull_down_menu" function and furthermore traced it to the three times it's called in the "categories_js.php" file (which I have not modified and downloaded several times).

If this makes sense, could someone please tell me how to fix it (hopefully it will be very simple).

Thanks a million in advance!

hi there, I'm happy that i can use this contribution, but I would like to ask if anyone can please help me,

I would like to disable the manufacturer colmun, the original setting is having 3 colmun to select but I would like to use only 2 two colmun which is Categories and SubCategories.

can anyone help... me

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

I download the Option Type Features module and able to use it,

But my idea is to have those field available at Product_listing.php or shopping_cart.php page instead of inside product_info.php.

Currently my site have a option type features with a field option call remark inside product_info.php page.

My idea was to have it outside, at product_listing.php or shopping_cart.php page... can anyone help me out, thank you

• 3 weeks later...

hmmm .. i've now got this working and it appears to be perfect for what i need...

However, just one or two quick probs...

The path in the dropdowns seem to disappear when on the product info page... is there a fix?

Also, i've got two categories in the dropdown after a manufacturer is selected.. but maybe this is down to my installation (i'm using this on an OSCMAX shop).

any ideas?

www.demo.cadsnet.co.uk