• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

catalog database???

einstein36

Hi there folks....

new user here and I got to admit that I am really loving this program for a shopping cart, in fact, this program is used by another major record label: Domo records at: www.domo.com

anyways....I have been slowly learning how to configure the os ecommerce shop on my own by playing with it, looking at the .php scripts, and looking over the docs. I am going through startlogic.com web hosting which is using version 2.1 of your shopping cart, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where the actual catalog database is to remove the sample items like the Unreal tournment game, wheel of time, etc....I looked at the mysql_catalog.sql file but this is still the sample file and has not been touched since I have been adding new entries, etc through the web based portion of the administration, but the actual database file where these new entries are, I haven't a clue where it is located at. If someone here will tell me how to either find this file or how I can edit the database to remove the sample items I would greatly appreciate it very much....

Thanks..

No need to bump after only 30 minutes on the board...

You'll find the database in your webhost's control panel, look for mysql database or phpmyadmin.

9 times out of 10 its a PEBCAK Error (Problem exists between chair and keyboard)

Replace that and you're fine...

Archived