• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tax on Shipping?

lolawson

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one missing this. I see that it's possible, but I can't find where in the docs it says how to set it up. Please point the way out for this young padawan.

I'm also using the, "Canadian Province Shipping v0.9" contribution which says it adds the ability to tax shipping, but its documents do not say how.

Someone please point me to the right documents! :)

For OSC, the instructions for taxing shipping are here. Don't know about the Canadian Shipping module....

Don't know if this is the case for you, but I initially had trouble finding where to edit this because the label for "table rate" was missing in my shipping modules. If you have an unlabelled shipping module, that's probably it.

-Leslie

Edited by lolawson

Thanks for the URL lolawson!

I guess the problem with my setup is the "Canadian Province Shipping v0.9" contribution that I'm using doesn't have a "Tax Class" drop-down menu to select the tax class.

I emailed the author in hopes that he would help.

I attempted to get the menu added based on another module's code, but it didn't work. If someone else knows how, I appreciate the help - thank you!