• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

help needed on existing problems with OS

pokceb

Now that the site I have taken over has propagated (my first shopping cart site) I have inherited some problems that the previous hosting company couldn't solve, and were not willing to find answers to. I also have a couple problems that were created by the switch - those first. 1) I can go in and place items in the cart, but when I go to check out, the cart is empty. 2) "Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on ***/catalog/includes/languages/english/password_forgotten.php" - should they all be checked?

3) Where can I view what should appear in the boxes on the upper right by edit, delete, etc, in admin? For some reason that didn't upload when we took over the site.

existing problems: 1)where do I go to add a note on shipping outside the US?

2)Some orders come in with no name, even though the customer has added the information required - it's intermittent. 3) intermittent problem: customer places order - name and info shows up under ship to, previous customer shows up as customer, and previous customer's billing adress shows up under billing address. Appears as customer is sending gift to someone!

Thank you so much for your help.

I'm going to break this down into separate topics so hopefully I will get at least help with some of my problems. - Please look for individual topics.

Archived