• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to get rid of german and spanish

bobthelucky

i would like to get rid of the german and spanish icons because i have no idea how to set up another langue but--- i dont really want to delete them unless its the only way cant we just turn them off?

then i want to rename my admin folder,but when i do i can get to it by catalog/newname but if i try to do any thing its page not found where do i change the name so the files can find the folder??? hope that is clear i think i just confused myself

thanks for any and all help oh yes i did look tru wiki and searched the forum and didnt find anything i understood

thanks

You can make the language and the currency boxes disappear from your pages by commenting them out in catalog/includes/column_right.php, like so:

/*

if (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 8) != 'checkout') {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php');

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'currencies.php');

}

*/

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

you cant rename the admin folder its an important part of the program the is access alot by name. As for the Languages goto ADMIN then Localization then Languages you can del them there. There is no easy way to turn them off. its not that hard to add them later if you want its just a copy and paste thing

you cant rename the admin folder its an important part of the program the is access alot by name.

:blink:

Of course you can.

The admin/incudes/configure.php file will have to be edited to reflect the new name though.

Two minutes work.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

ok great deal guys thank you all blue pony and allen are sooooooo right

i only commented out the languge line leaving in the currency cause i like them knowing its us dollars and the rename admin went pervect just had to change it in two spots in there thanks a bunch this forum is so great

Please forgive my post last night Alan is completely right! I was going for 36 hours with only 4 hours sleep I dont know what I was thinking :rolleyes:

Anyways Im glad Alan was able to help you

not a problem i know how that is i cant even get a link to work in "my store" no idea why mine wont work there oh well ill figure it out its all good my site is www.pilchersindianstore.com if you want to look and exchange links thanks

Archived