• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image beside "Let's see what we have here"

IfItFitz

Once I click on a certain category, I get the header title of "Let's see what we have here", then just to the right, it seems to be calling for some unknown image. If I click on properties on where the image would be, it just seems to point to the images directory. How do I get rid of this? Any help would be appreciated.

-JFitz

The problem is that you haven't selected an image for the category in Admin.

There are a couple of ways around this.

1. In admin, select an image for the category (by editing the category) - if you want no image, download pixel_trans.gif from the images folder to your local drive, and select that (it's not exactly no image, it's a transparent single pixel, has basically the same effect).

2. Modify index.php - I'm sorry to say I've forgotten which line it is that needs to be commented out. I believe it's

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

at around line 67. hopefully someone else will confirm or deny.

(If you want to get rid of most of the default images osCommerce supplies - use my contribution below - although you can only do the category pictures manually in admin)

- osCommerce is fun! -

• 1 year later...

Thank you so much! I spent 5 hours last night going through every .php page in a text editor searching for the image size. I couldn't find it anywhere and ended up being pretty frustrated. You are a huge help. PEACE!

You can do it in the admin tool.

Configuration-->Images-->Heading Image Width/Heading Image Height should set the size of the category heading image.

Archived