• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

transfering domain to new host

pluggin

Need help resetting up osCommerce on new host as simply as possible...

The old host was using Ensim Control Panels... I have an Ensim Server backup as well as the osCommerce database backup and all of the site using ftp...

The new host is 1&1 and they have a proprietary Control Panel with the ability to add a mysql database and they do support PHP, I don't have the ability to change the user/pass for the database...

What would be the easiest way to recreate osCommerce without losing the look/feel, and configuration. Also the secure cert is now a shared cert.

I really have no idea on how to go about this and could really use some assistance so chime in if you can help.

Thanx in Advance

Is there anyone who might be able to answer this or is it just a stupid question?

:rolleyes:

What could your db username and password have to do with the "look and feel" or configuration of your site?

php is php and mySQL is mySQL no matter what box it's running on.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

* Edit 'by hand' both configure.php files,

* Upload all files an the directory structure as it was before,

* Install your database 'by hand',

* You should be able to start again your business!

Antonios

olympicslogo_en.gif

Okay, Thnx guys... I was getting frustrated so I did a fresh install onto the new host and was successful with the new user/pass to access the database... Now I have to figure out what backed up files/directories need to be uploaded to the server to gain the look-n-feel as well as get the database imported.

Any help on this would be very helpful, Thnx for your responses.

You are complicating your life without having any gain ... well, the procedure is still the same as in my previous post! :-) Eventually, you could keep the 2 newly generated configure.php files ans use them with the 'old shop', under condition that you have added nothing in the old ones!

Antonios

olympicslogo_en.gif

Archived