• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What are the things you forgot...

TerryK

I'm trying to run through a mental checklist of the things left to do before I populate my store and get it ready to go live. So, for those who have gone before me, I'd love to draw on your experiences...

1. Are there any things that you feel you SHOULD have done before you went live, that you didn't? ( And the consequence? )

2. How about things that you WISH you would have done before you went live but didn't?

3. Anything that, initially omitted, was challenging to incorporate once you went live?

4. Any other feedback you'd like to offer. :)

TIA for your comments!

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Make sure your terms, conditions,privacy and stuff is filled out. It looks horrible when you click a link and see "Put here your Privacy Notice information." Get rid of any test items you might have been using and any test accounts you've created. Make sure your prices are indicated, you don't want to have an item marked $0.00 when actually you want $50.00.

Keith

What the hell was I thinkin'?

Thanks for the feedback so far, everyone! Some good tips in there! :)

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

If yer gonna use the CCGV (Credit Class Gift Voucher) get the damn thing up and running properly before you go live! (UGH!!!)

I hated messing with that thing.....finally gave up on it.

Keith

What the hell was I thinkin'?

I hated messing with that thing.....finally gave up on it.

I finally got it working about 99.9%. Only thing it doesn't wanna do is deduct from the amount in the customer's cart, ie if they have $25 in vouchers and use 10, it doesnt knock it down to $15, it still lets them have 25. I simply don't use vouchers and use the CCGV for coupons and free shipping discounts to new customers. Works fine for me.

Archived