• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paymate module problem with total

prychett

Greetings,

Im having problems with the paymate contribution (made by Steve Kemp I think). I installed it and when testing it I found it works fine up till the last step in the popup paymate window. Here it puts in the subtotal and dosn't add shipping. For instance if you r buying an item for $5 and shipping is say $1.25 it will just charge $5 and then add on paymates own fees after that. So it seems to be taking the subtotal and ignoring the total.

Please can anyone help?!?

thnks

P

Hi Gavin,

I'm having exactly the same problem!

Everything is fine except that the paymate "wizard" is not adding the shipping.

I hope someone can help us with this soon.

The response I've had from Paymate customer support is:

As I understand it, you can only transfer one amount to Paymate which must include cost of all the goods and the shipping. In other words, this must be done before you transfer the amount.

I'm not sure if this helps anyone...

I'll have a fiddle with my code and see what happens.

Carmen

Well, I've fixed it!

Open the file catalog/includes/modules/shipping/paymate.php

At line 104 Find this:

tep_draw_hidden_field('amt', number_format(($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

Replace it with this:

tep_draw_hidden_field('amt', number_format(($order->info['total']) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

It works for me and I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Carmen

Hi Carmen - you're right, this adds the shipping cost on but guess what....... the order does not get entered into the store and you don't get returned to your website.

Anyone know how to get both shipping to work and orders entered into oscommerce with this module?

Hi again,

With my site, I am being returned to the website after the payment is processed and the order is showing up in my admin.

Have you altered something else in the code?

The part of the code that takes you back to the store is:

tep_draw_hidden_field('return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL'));

Make sure that that bit of code is still there and then see if it works. If you do have that bit of code and it isn't working, I'm not sure what the problem is.

Regards,

Carmen

I didn't alter anything else, just pasted EXACTLY what you posted here into place.

I'll show you what's in my code:

tep_draw_hidden_field('amt', number_format(($order->info['total']) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL'));

return $process_button_string;

}

function before_process() {

return false;

I'll paste my code here and we can compare them. At first glance I don't see anything wrong with your code.

return $process_button_string;

Perhaps it's something in other pages that relate to the process, I've had to have a lot of modifications to get shareasale and pay pal working. Whether this is true or not, only the guy who wrote it will know.

Meanwhile I'm down to the bare bones on accepting payments.... I hope he comes back from wherever he is soon :unsure:

this is just a guess, but could it be in this line of code

that it returns you to a SSL connection. what happens if you aren't using a SSL connection?

I'm a relatively new oscommerce user and I'm experiencing the same issues.

I figured out where to fix the total plus shipping issue mentioned above but like Samy my admin system's not being updated with orders, either.

I have made very few alterations to the initial install of oscommerce/paymate module and I'm not using SSL.

I hope you're out there Snowman - sure could use some advice.

Y

:rolleyes:

OK, I've got another thought.

I decided to compare the paymate module with the paypal module.

In paypal there is this:

tep_draw_hidden_field('return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL')) .
tep_draw_hidden_field('cancel_return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

? ? ?return $process_button_string;

Whilst in paymate it is only this:

? ? ?return $process_button_string;

Now I haven't tried it with the extra line included - mainly because i don't know how to test it without incurring fees from paymate.

any thoughts/suggestions anyone?

Edited by ausipodskins

Hi all,

I can't help with that sample of code, but I have worked out how to test without incurring fees. Just put all the details in as if you were doing a proper payment, but use an incorrect expiry date. Paymate rejects the payment within a couple of hours, but goes through the whole checkout-return process.

Cheers,

Carmen

You beauty! That was stopping me from testing PayMate too much.

I'll give it a go this evening (after footie).

Thanks Carmen!

Y

I've asked if someone can write a invoice type module for paymate..... I'd like to at least be able to manually invoice someone using Paymate. No one has replied though.

My store is located at http://www.australian-native.com/catalog - right now for overseas buyers I only offer Pay Pal and NEED something more. Can't get anything else to work tho!!!