• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installing on 'localhost'

wondernet

Well, new laptop arrived and the first thing I did was install firewall and virus software.

Next was installing, configuring and getting a WAMP system working. After a few false starts it lives :P

Next was the all important OSC install ... and it worked, marvellous.

Now however, I have a few errors showing.

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp\sess_0d06bbc31afe4029605aa08a69986608, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\Development\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\Development\includes\functions\sessions.php:67) in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\Development\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\Development\includes\functions\sessions.php:67) in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\Development\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

Now this, to the untrained eye, looks like a cookie issue. Is it <_<

How can this be fixed?

Can this be fixed.

Can anyone here give me a few taps on the keyboard to help out (I'm a designer with enough understanding to install and change OSC, but not trying to be a programmer, there are others far better and far superior than me).?

All help welcome.

Lads,

I got exactly the same error yesterday, followed your advise - which was invaluable by the way and found that there are two configure.php files to change. One in ../catalog/includes and one in ../catalog/admin/includes. Thanks for the help, I'd never have found it without you.

• 1 month later...

I now have about 7 different OSc installations running in my WAMP system. Each time I create a new one I select the 'database' option on the installation screen and this sets the configuration up for me.

Helpful hint for someone!!

Archived