• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need a little bit of Help

cold2000us

Hello, I just found out about OSCommerce and went on my way to install it. I had no problems in installing ( I used the wiki install guide ) but after the install I pressed the catalog and Admin Area and I get these two errors. I would really appreciate as to what went wrong. Went through the guide step by step but still get this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Warning: main(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cold2000/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 130

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cold2000/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 130

Thx.

Jonas

Wow, someone who read the Wiki before posting...you get some cool points for that, man.

This question has been asked a few times lately, but I dont' know that anyone has found the answer. Did you install the Milestone version or the daily snapshot? I would highly reccommend installing the Milestone if you didn't - it will likely be more stable than the snapshot. The daily snapshots are, well, daily...and the code in them may not be completely tested and stable.

Regardless, try running this query:

SELECT *
FROM configuration
WHERE configuration_key = "DEFAULT_LANGUAGE" LIMIT 0 , 30

Use phpMyAdmin or whatever you use for database management. See if there's a value in the field configuration_value. This row of your database sets the default language for your store, and I think that's your problem - no default language. If there's nothing there, try putting "en" in that field (minus the quotes). Please post back and let me know if this solves the problem! Once a solution is found this needs to go into the Wiki.

Chris Dunning

osCommerce, Contributions Moderator Team

Please do not send me PM! I do not read or answer these often. Use the email button instead!

I do NOT support contributions other than my own. Emails asking for support on other people's contributions will be ignored. Ask in the forum or contact the contribution author directly.

Archived