• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Design and Layout

I'm just evaluating osCommerce if I eventually could use this shop system for a potential client. Installation was easy and took me about five or ten minutes. As I've read on the Homepage of osCommerce, changing the Layout should be pretty easy:

Solutions

Design / Layout

Template struture implementation to:

* allow layout changes to be adaptive, easy, and quickly to make (MS3)

* allow easy integration into an existing site (MS3)

* Support for dynamic images

I am confused about this 'Template Structure' thing. I was neither able to find some sort of documentation in my distribution nor on the osCommerce Website how to change the Layout of my shop. I searched through the various folders and took a look at some files if there would be anything which would give me an idea how this template structure should work to change the overall design.

The Admin tool doesn't mention something like 'change template' either.

Can someone clue me in how to change the design/layout of a osCommerce installation, please?

Thanks in Advance

You'll notice that these say MS3. The latest "live" version is MS2, so these template features are planned for the future.

You preety much have 4 options:

1/ Install a templating system, eg STS or BTS (search the Forums for more details.

or

2/ Make basic changes to the stylesheet only

or

3/ Jump in and recode the php/html, make better use of the stylesheet and so on.

or

4/ Pay someone else to do it!

Whichever way you choose it's quite a lot of work to change Oscommerce from the normal layout of header, footer, 3 columns...

It really requires a lot of time to change a default setting such as layout and boxes.. Even if you're a newbie, looking through this great forums, you will be available to do almost everything... there are a few things you might not be able to do, then.. there are many experts who can give you great advice on that matter.. What I'm doing is I try to read all topics posted on this board from the page 1. If you want to save your money, you gotto use your own time as I do...

But, you will learn alot.. :D

hope you will be able to do what you want to do on your website using osCommerce.

id use the sts contribution its far simpiler than bts.

thanks for all the replies so far. Where can I find bts ?

Thanks,

Mac

• 1 year later...
I have made some changes editing only the stylesheet file. And added the contribution called "DeadEasyCenterThingy"

Take a look at my site located here: http://www.hpldesign.com/shop

Regards

HP

Ehh you might want to check your site Newbie

Warning: main(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lorhan/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 285

Warning: main(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lorhan/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 285

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/lorhan/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 285

Archived